Job Title: Dosimetrist
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
Full-time, 1.0 , 80 hours per two weeks Monday through Friday day shift
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Dosimetrist. The Dosimetrist functions as an expert technical advisor to the Radiation Oncologist and Radiation Physicist by performing mathematical and computer-assisted functions to ensure the accurate delivery of radiation dose to precise volumes of tumor-bearing tissues and sparing dose to surrounding normal structures
Acquires appropriate patient measurements, CT scans, MRI scans, etc. to provide accurate treatment plans/calculations and to provide the best possible method of delivering the prescribed dose.
● Documents all appropriate information in the patient chart and the electronic chart, and documents any changes during treatment.
● Maintains dosimetry records as required. Maintains equipment and supplies in dosimetry section. Aids and/or instructs staff in simulation and in implementing treatment plan. Is available to respond to any changes/problems with daily treatment
● Performs checks and calibrations on equipment as directed. Performs electron calibrations as needed for prescribed treatment.
Performs Quality Assurance on treatment plans.
● Is authorized user of brachytherapy sources. Assists physician and performs computer dosimetry in all cases. Monitors incoming and outgoing shipments of radioactive material. Performs surveys, and calculates and documents exposure levels.
● Participates in department performance improvement initiatives.
- MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor of Science degree
Certification as a Medical Dosimetrist issued by the Medical Dosimetry Certification Board (MDCB) OR Graduate of an
accredited medical dosimetry program with board certification required within the first two years of placement/hire
Completion of a one (1) year dosimetry program with one (1) year of full-time experience under a qualified medical physicist
One (1) or more years of experience in Dosimetry specialties (Tomotherapy, HDR Brachytherapy)
This position requires a Professional License/Certification.
**For more information about the Ann B. Barshinger Cancer Institute, please click here. For a virtual tour of the facility, please click here. To learn more about some of the team members, click here.