Donor Relations Specialist (Full Time/Days)
Position: Donor Relations Specialist
Shift: Monday- Friday; Days
Location: This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides leadership in the strategic execution and management of a comprehensive donor relations and annual giving program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Create, direct and implement a donor relations program including all levels of donor and volunteer recognition: written acknowledgements, specialized thank you letters, email communications, plaques, annual report, donor walls, etc.
- Manage the strategy, logistics and execution of all donor relations events including the Foundation’s annual recognition dinner and Friends of the Foundation luncheon, National Philanthropy Day, building/naming dedications and other strategic donor events, i.e., vision dinners. Manages the Foundation’s recognition societies including the 1893 Society, Chairman’s Circle, Societas Generalis, and Healthcare Hero employee recognition program.
- Develop and implement annual communication strategies to cultivate and engage past and current donors to deepen their relationship with Penn Medicine LG Health resulting in increased contributions and potential planned giving opportunities.
- Establish and maintain stewardship policies and procedures.
- Manages the development of guidelines for temporarily restricted and endowment funds; works with health system entities to ensure proper administration of endowment and temporarily restricted funds..
- Works with the Foundation Executive Director to ensure that donors are appropriately included and recognized at events including the development of invitation lists, talking points, briefing documents and seating arrangements.
- Oversees and coordinates the Foundation’s annual master calendar including all mailings, communications and special events to ensure appropriate timing and execution of donor relations and annual giving tactics.
- Serves as primary writer for all Foundation communication materials including the Foundation website, event invitations, newsletters, event programs, acknowledgement letters, annual report, planned giving marketing materials, proposals, cases for support, stewardship reports; coordinates design of communication pieces with LG Health marketing and PR department or outside vendors as appropriate.
- Oversees the planning and execution of a comprehensive annual giving program, including monthly grateful patient appeals, campaign appeals, e-appeals and annual appeals. Analyzes annual giving data and giving trends to develop effective donor acquisition and retention strategies.
- Manage membership and activities related to the Women’s Giving Circle, an annual giving society benefitting Women & Babies Hospital.
- Effectively communicates with donors about their investment in Penn Medicine LG Health and the use of their gifts
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Assists in day-to-day operations of the Foundation.
- Provides support at special events and special projects and to other staff as needed.
- Stays current with donor relations, communications and giving trends and patterns.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years’ experience in writing, marketing or communications.
- Healthcare or academic development/fundraising marketing/communications experience.
- Understanding of IT programs and capabilities.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/07/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.