Donor Relations Specialist
LG Health Foundation
9690 Administration - Foundation
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides leadership in the strategic execution and management of a comprehensive donor relations and annual giving program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Create, direct and implement a donor relations program including all levels of donor and volunteer recognition: written acknowledgements, specialized thank you letters, plaques, annual report, donor walls, etc.
- Manage the strategy, logistics and execution of all donor relations events including the Foundation’s annual recognition dinner and Friends of the Foundation luncheon, National Philanthropy Day, building/naming dedications and other strategic donor events, i.e., vision dinners. Manages the Foundation’s recognition societies including the 1893 Society, Chairman’s Circle, Societas Generalis, healthcare hero.
- Develop and implement annual communication strategies to cultivate and engage past and current donors to deepen their relationship with LG Health/Penn Medicine resulting in increased contributions and potential planned giving opportunities.
- Establish and maintain stewardship policies and procedures.
- Manages the development of guidelines for temporarily restricted and endowment funds; works with health system entities to ensure proper administration of endowment and temporarily restricted funds; and initiates annual correspondence to fund donors.
- Works with the Foundation Executive Director to ensure that donors are appropriately included and recognized at events including the development of invitation lists, talking points, briefing documents and seating arrangements.
- Oversees and coordinates the Foundation’s annual master calendar including all mailings, communications and special events to ensure appropriate timing and execution of donor relations and annual giving tactics.
- Serves as primary writer for all Foundation communication materials including the Foundation website, event invitations, newsletters, event programs, acknowledgement letters, annual report, planned giving marketing materials, proposals, cases for support, stewardship reports; coordinates design of communication pieces with LG Health marketing and PR department or outside vendors as appropriate.
- Effectively communicates with donors about their investment in LG Health/Penn Medicine and the use of their gifts.
- Manage membership and activities related to the Women’s Giving Circle, an annual giving society benefitting Women & Babies Hospital.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Assists in day-to-day operations of the Foundation.
- Provides support at special events and special projects and to other staff as needed.
- Stays current with donor relations, communications and giving trends and patterns.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 5 years’ experience in writing, marketing or communications.
- Healthcare or academic development/fundraising marketing/communications experience.
- Understanding of IT programs and capabilities.
ATTENTION/CONCENTRATION – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
- The position requires strong concentration skills. The individual must have the ability to voluntarily sustain concentration to a task over an extended period of time as a result of an effortful and usually deliberate heightened and focused state of attention.
NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
- The position requires that an individual be able to learn new tasks quickly and effectively. Job requirements change frequently. The ability to understand and carry out detailed, involved instructions in mandatory.
PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND CREATIVE THINKING – The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
- The position deals with issues or problems that often require thoughtful reasoning before arriving at approaches or solutions. Some independent thought, planning or origination of options and solutions is necessary. The individual must have the ability to apply principles of reasoning and problem solving to resolve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Leadership, control and planning: Ability to accept responsibility for leadership, direction, control, planning, negotiating, organizing, directing, supervising, formulating practices, or making final decisions.
Creativity, feelings or ideas: Ability to adapt to situations involving the interpretation of feelings, ideas, or facts in terms of personal viewpoint; to use creativity, self-expression, or imagination.
Influencing others: Ability to influence people in their opinions, attitudes or judgments about ideas or things; to motivate, convince or negotiate.
Working within tolerances, set limits or standards: Ability to adapt to situations requiring the precise attainment of set limits, tolerances, or standards; to be precise, thorough, exacting, or meticulous in regard to material worked; or in activities such as numerical determinations, record preparation, or inspecting.
Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job. Is subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Planning and control: Ability to identify task requirements and monitor progress toward accomplishment.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies
Software: Microsoft Office Products
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Frequently
- Stand: Occasionally
- Walk: Occasionally
- Bend: Occasionally
- Push: Rarely
- Pull: Rare;y
- Kneel/Squat: Rarely
- Reach: Rarely
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Light, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to hazardous conditions/ materials is negligible.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Posted on 11/05/2019