Document Imaging Specialist- The Heart Group- (40 hours/week, 1st shift)
The Heart Group Of LG Health
The Heart Group Document Imaging
40 hours/week. Monday through Friday. Shifts vary 8 am to 4:30 pm or 9:30 am to 6 pm. No weekends. No major holidays.
If you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. We will send the assessment to the e-mail address that you included on your application. Please also check your junk/spam e-mail folder and complete the assessment within 5 days of receiving it. For more information, please click https://www.lghealthjobs.org/FAQS
POSITION SUMMARY: Assures integrity and quality of medical records archived using document imaging technology through document preparation, scanning, indexing and quality control procedures. Performs real-time scanning at point of care to ensure clinically relevant documents are available in the electronic medical record within 24 hours of creation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Prepares all clinical and financial documents for efficient entry into document imaging system.
- Validates that document batches entered are accounted for during the capture process.
- Assures integrity of the medical record by performing quality checks on scanned documents for proper entry and scanning.
- Organizes the document images by indexing all scanned documents to proper locations within the electronic medical record.
- Performs any necessary corrections to documents prior batch committal.
- Validates appropriate patient and encounter, as necessary.
Posted on 07/11/2019
- Answers department telephones and completes patient care requests, as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Knowledge of medical record forms. One (1) year PC keyboarding experience.
- Valid PA driver’s license preferred.
- Medical terminology. Knowledge of Document Imaging Storage & Retrieval Systems preferred.
- One (1) year experience working in a Health Information Management Department or related department preferred.
- Customer service background preferred.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing personal and customer services. This includes customer needs assessment and meeting quality standards for services. Critical thinking skills. This includes actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and evaluating information to reach an answer or conclusion.