Document Imaging Specialist - .5 Temp
Lancaster General Hospital
9026 HIM-Doc Imaging Med Grp
HIM - Document Imaging Medical Group
This is a temporary position.
Position will work 20 hours/week Monday – Friday ; flexible schedule; no weekend or holidays.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Assures integrity and quality of medical records archived using document imaging technology through document preparation, scanning, indexing and quality control procedures. Performs real-time scanning at point of care to ensure clinically relevant documents are available in the electronic medical record within 24 hours of creation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Prepares all clinical and financial documents for efficient entry into document imaging system.
- Validates that document batches entered are accounted for during the capture process.
- Assures integrity of the medical record by performing quality checks on scanned documents for proper entry and scanning.
- Organizes the document images by indexing all scanned documents to proper locations within the electronic medical record.
- Performs any necessary corrections to documents prior batch committal.
- Validates appropriate patient and encounter, as necessary.
- Answers department telephones and completes patient care requests, as necessary.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Places scanned medical records into appropriate area for transport to storage facility.
- Participates in, and supports, performance improvement initiatives using the LEAN methodology.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Knowledge of medical record forms. One (1) year PC keyboarding experience.
Valid PA driver’s license. Medical terminology. Knowledge of Document Imaging Storage & Retrieval Systems. One (1) year experience working in a Health Information Management Department or related department. Customer service background. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing personal and customer services. This includes customer needs assessment and meeting quality standards for services. Critical thinking skills. This includes actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and evaluating information to reach an answer or conclusion.
Posted on 03/16/2020