Document Imaging Specialist (Full Time/ Day Shift)
Monday - Friday 8 - 4:30 or 8:30 -5pm. No weekends or holidays.
POSITION SUMMARY: Assures integrity and quality of medical records archived using document imaging technology through document preparation, scanning, indexing and quality control procedures. Performs real-time scanning at point of care to ensure clinically relevant documents are available in the electronic medical record within 24 hours of creation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Prepares all clinical and financial documents for efficient entry into document imaging system.
- Validates that document batches entered are accounted for during the capture process.
- Assures integrity of the medical record by performing quality checks on scanned documents for proper entry and scanning.
- Organizes the document images by indexing all scanned documents to proper locations within the electronic medical record.
- Performs any necessary corrections to documents prior batch committal.
- Validates appropriate patient and encounter, as necessary.
- Answers department telephones and completes patient care requests, as necessary.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Places scanned medical records into appropriate area for transport to storage facility.
- Participates in, and supports, performance improvement initiatives using the LEAN methodology.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Knowledge of medical record forms. One (1) year PC keyboarding experience.
Valid PA driver’s license. Medical terminology. Knowledge of Document Imaging Storage & Retrieval Systems. One (1) year experience working in a Health Information Management Department or related department. Customer service background. Knowledge of principles and processes for providing personal and customer services. This includes customer needs assessment and meeting quality standards for services. Critical thinking skills. This includes actively and skillfully conceptualizing, applying, analyzing, synthesizing, and evaluating information to reach an answer or conclusion.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 08/25/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.