Dispatcher (Full Time/ Day Shift)
1.0 FTE, Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm, Occasional On-call, holiday, weekends & evenings.
POSITION SUMMARY: Coordinates the operation of the courier/transportation services, ensuring the transportation of mail, distribution supplies, pharmaceuticals, specimens and equipment throughout Lancaster General.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Prepares work schedules and job assignments for courier personnel, ensuring coverage for first and second shift, weekends and emergency pick-ups and deliveries.
- Interviews and selects people for employment. Trains, manages, coaches, counsels and evaluates courier service personnel. Ensures employee compliance with policies. Orients employees to courier routes and pick-up procedures.
- Designs and oversees implementation of routes, including route changes resulting from the addition of new lab clients or LHA facilities. Determines if resources, both vehicles and staff, are adequate to meet additional demands for service.
- Coordinates the daily operation of the courier service through direct contact with the staff, communicating with clients and alliance members. Receives messages and contacts courier to perform extra pick-ups as required, changing priorities or assigning other drivers to assist.
- Responds to urgent situations, providing stat courier services as required in order to ensure timely delivery of supplies, specimens and reports. Responsible for resolving issues affecting the courier service.
- Maintains fleet of courier vehicles, cars, station wagons, vans and trucks, to ensure safety, availability and economy of operation.
- Responsible for preparation and monitoring of courier budget.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Develops and maintains up-to-date policy manuals.
- Maintains adequate stocks of lab supplies and forms for physicians’ offices.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- HS diploma or equivalent.
- Five (5) years of driving experience and coordination of scheduling and routes.
- One (1) to three (3) years of supervisory experience.
- At least one (1) year data entry experience.
- At least one (1) year of customer service experience.
- Two (2) years associate degree or equivalent.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 10/26/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.