Director of Clinical Microbiology
Lancaster General Health is seeking a full-time Director of Clinical Microbiology. The candidate must be a Ph.D. with clinical fellowship in microbiology and BE/BC by the American Board of Medical Microbiology (ABMM).
The LGH clinical microbiology laboratory processes over 280K microbiologic results annually. Microbiologic cultures are processed utilizing the BD Kiestra lab automation system that includes digital plate reading. The lab also maintains a broad array of rapid molecular testing platforms performing over 215K rapid molecular tests per year. The primary role of the Director of Microbiology will be the planning, development, validation, implementation, and quality control of testing within the microbiology lab, as well performance improvement and quality initiatives. Close collaborative involvement in the Antimicrobial Stewardship and Infection Control and Prevention committees, as well as a close working relationship with the clinicians and staff of the division of Infectious Diseases, are major components of the position. The Director of Microbiology will also work in close collaboration with the Penn system laboratories and serve on various system laboratory testing and oversight committees. The Director of Microbiology will report to the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine.
We envision a challenging and rewarding career in a stepwise approach with mentoring and support as needed. We also take into account your areas of interest and promote growth.
HOURS: Full-time dayshift position; 40-50 hours per week. No defined weekends or holidays.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- PhD in Clinical Microbiology or related clinical science with Clinical Microbiology Fellowship training (Board certified/eligible through the American Board of Medical Microbiology)
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- PhD- PhD in microbiology, 2 or 3 year CPEP fellowship and ABMM boarded
- Minimum of five (5) years of hospital experience.
- Lean/Six sigma or other performance improvement training.
- Member ASM (American Society for Microbiology)
- Experience with Hospital and/or Laboratory Information Systems
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 01/05/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.