Director of Campus and Auxiliary Services
PA College Of Health Sciences
Executive Administration- Finance & Marketing
The PA College invites applications for the position of Director of Campus and Auxiliary Services
PA College offers the opportunity to work on a state-of-the-art campus with a college community that is unparalleled in its commitment to excellence.
The Role of the Director of Campus and Auxiliary Services
The Director of Campus and Auxiliary Services, reporting to the Vice President of Finance and Administration, oversees the total operation of the College’s Security, Food Service, Grounds and Maintenance, Transportation, Utility and Shipping and Receiving services. The Director is responsible for planning and directing activities of the College's Facility and Auxiliary Services to ensure the delivery of exceptional services and financially sustainable operations for the campus community.
Specifically, the Director will:
- Promote and contribute to the enhancement of PA College’s high performing learner-centered environment;
- In collaboration with the VP of Finance and Administration, oversee the planning, organization, bidding, evaluation, selection, award, and contract execution for all facilities and auxiliary services of the College;
- Provide guidance on all phases of the procurement process;
- Plan, organize, and direct the day-to-day processes and operations of assigned operational functions/services;
- Collaborate with and oversee contractors; interpret contract terms; make recommendations and provide guidance on the administration of such terms;
- Develop and implement policies and procedures related to assigned operational functions/services;
- Define key performance indicators to monitor and track each auxiliary function’s performance. Analyze results, address and resolve issues;
- Maintain pace with national industry standards and best practices, ensure college’s compliance with all applicable statutes, regulations, internal controls, and fiscal policies and procedures;
- Oversee timely preparation of all required daily, weekly, monthly and annual reports and reconciliations, including responding to requests from other departments for additional information or data;
- Develop annual operating budget for assigned operational functions/services;
- Monitor budget performance on a monthly and annual basis, including variance analysis, and develop recommendations for efficiencies and other cost-effective measures;
- Assist in the development of long-range plans and continuous improvement in collaboration with the VP of Finance and Administration;
- Effectively manage staff, including hiring, training and development, scheduling, payroll and performance management.
The schedule for this position is days, Monday through Friday, with an occasional weekend/evening as needed to achieve goals.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred;
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience in a progressively more responsible or similar managerial role;
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills, analytical skills, effective administrative, organizational and negotiation skills and the ability to lead and motivate staff. Experience working with a diverse group of peers and clients is required;
- Must demonstrate advanced level skills with Word, Excel;
- Requires excellent analytical, problem-solving and leadership ability. Ability to work effectively in a team environment and with all levels of the organization in a collaborative way is required;
- Demonstrated ability to mentor and develop the staff professionally is required;
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal skills, with a strong customer focus;
- Demonstrated ability to research, interpret laws and regulations, and generate solutions;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multitask operations/projects, establish workload priorities, balance diverse tasks, work on multiple projects simultaneously, and deal with confidential and sensitive matters in a professional manner is required.
Posted on 10/09/2019
- Familiarity with laws and regulations related to the safe construction, repair and alteration of college buildings and grounds;
- Health and safety regulations applicable to maintenance and grounds work;
- Uniform Building Code and other State and federal regulations related to building and safety, architectural requirements, and contracts;
- Experience in a higher education setting.