Director/Strategic HR Business Partner
HOURS: Full Time
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides strategic human resource consulting to Hospital Operation leaders on broad range of human resource issues in support of developing and advancing organizational goals. Translates business unit strategy into talent and workforce strategies to accomplish results. Serves as primary contact for HR initiatives and serves as expert in full life cycle of HR services for the client. Consults in areas of talent strategies, organizational development, leadership coaching and support and leads HR team to address employee relations, performance management alternatives and solutions. Utilizes human capital analytics to improve and influence key decisions and prioritize human capital initiatives.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Partners and consults with leaders of business units to identify strategic human resource practices and programs which support business strategies and objectives.
- Designs and applies organizational development and change management strategies that influence organizational change in support of business strategies.
- Provides guidance and recommendations on workforce planning, succession planning and other talent development engagement and retention plans to deliver business results.
- Identifies training and development needs of assigned business areas; works with various educational resources in system to support development of business-critical workforce and leadership competencies.
- Leads committees and work groups charged with implementing organizational and departmental improvement strategies.
- Manages complex employee relations issues requiring consultation with legal and other areas of the business to achieve resolution.
- Provides direction to human resource business partners to respond to client needs. Utilizes human capital analytics to improve and influence key decisions and prioritize human capital initiatives.
- Facilitates meetings and retreats as appropriate to identify, clarify and resolve problems or business challenges.
- Problem solves using information, policy, procedure, data and compliance information to identify best fit approach/response to meet customer requirements.
- Partners with HR functional areas to roll-out enterprise wide HR policies and programs.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 7-10 years of related professional experience required with in-depth knowledge of Human Resources.
- Demonstrated business acumen, consulting and coaching skills; advanced communication skills with ability to communicate with tact, diplomacy and sensitivity.
- Critical thinking, decision making and proven relationship building skills.
- Advanced training and presentation skills.
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or related field is preferred.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 04/08/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.