Director Strategic Business Development
Lancaster General Hospital
3041 Business Development
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
HOURS: Full Time Day Shift
POSITION SUMMARY: Responsible for the identification, evaluation, development and support of the implementation of new businesses that will serve to enhance the overall effectiveness and fiscal viability of LG Health, providing the best possible healthcare services to the region. Creates, develops and implements the enterprise-wide retail strategy. Provides direction and guidance to LG Health management and service line leaders in developing sound strategies in the business and service line planning process.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- In collaboration with service line, ambulatory services and physician services leadership, continues to evolve the business planning function to support the vision, mission and core strategies of the enterprise. Further refines and develops the business planning process beginning with identification of new product through Board approval and provide counsel and guidance to operations during the implementation phase.
- Manages the organization’s business planning process and collaborates with operational leadership on growth. Ensures inclusion with key stakeholders, such as, finance, marketing, information technology and facility services.
- Identifies, explores and analyzes potential alliances/partnerships with retail and non-retail businesses, corporations, physician groups and others to increase value to the organization and the community.
- Leads and manages the planning and launch of new business projects, drawing upon and orchestrating the support of planning, facilities, finance, IT, HR, marketing and operations resources. Engages appropriate physician leaders in the clinical aspects of the new product or service. Organizes and facilitates project teams throughout the process of conducting complex analysis, strategy development and strategy execution.
- Acts as project champion when appropriate, ushering the proposed business opportunity through the entire Business Development business planning process. In addition, acts as Business Development consultant to the other designated project champions.
- Initiates and maintains relationships with potential and existing partners in order to preserve the LG Health Brand, ensure delivery of the brand promise in affiliated products and services and to identify opportunities for expanding services across the delivery system.
- Acts as business development counsel to service line leaders during service line business planning process. Provides guidance and expertise in strategy development.
- Participates in and supports the System’s strategic planning process.
- Identifies and engages external consultants in business development projects when appropriate. Negotiates contracts with and provides direction to external consultants, managing their work product and deliverables.
- Identifies weaknesses (including obsolescence) in current business models to senior leadership and recommends exit strategies and alternative solutions to address weaknesses.
- Monitors local, regional and national markets to identify new business development opportunities.
- Attends and participate in various professional and civic committees and associations to ensure the alignment of LG Health’s business goals with those of the local community.
- Identifies business opportunities that align with the extraordinary experience vision and partners who embrace the concept. Champions the discipline of experience design in new product and service development including the three domains – processes, environments, behaviors – and dimensions.
- Completes projects within defined parameters and timelines and reports progress to senior vice president at regular intervals.
- Monitors operational, quality, and financial outcomes of newly implemented business projects to provide continuity and ensure project success.
- Participates in and reports to committees and forums, which include but are not limited to the following: Service Line Council, Board Committees, strategic planning forums, directors meeting, quarterly management forums and others as requested.
- Supervises two Business Development Project Managers and one Senior Planning Analyst, makes assignments, gives direction for daily activities and conducts routine performance evaluations.
- Responsible for the preparation, management and accountability of department expense budget.
- Other duties as assigned.
Posted on 11/14/2019
- Masters degree in business or healthcare administration
- Eight (8) or more years of experience in strategy, planning, finance, business development, preferably applicable to a healthcare environment.
- Proven capabilities in building strong, trusted relationships with partners and collaborators and ability to positively influence them.
- Experience in managing work teams who have completed complex analytical and strategic projects, along with leading projects that require consensus and continuous interaction with senior management and physician leaders.
- Ability to develop and manage project schedules for business development and planning initiatives.
- Demonstrated leadership and ability to advance or sell ideas to the organization.
- Mastery of strategy and quantitative analysis of business and market trends.
- Extensive knowledge of the healthcare industry.
- Knowledge of the retail industry.
- Ability to act as a change agent.
- Superb written and verbal skills.
- Portray warmth with passion and integrity.
- Strong financial acumen.