Director Respiratory Care and Pulmonary Diagnostic Services
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Primarily day shift with expectations of visible presence for all three shifts.
POSITION SUMMARY: This role reports directly to the VP, Hospital Operations and has responsibility for administrative and operational oversight of Respiratory Care Services and Pulmonary Diagnostic Services treating both inpatient and outpatient populations. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: newborn (birth to 28 days), infant (29 days through 11 months), toddler (12 months to 2 years), pre-school (3 years to 5 years), school age (6 years to 12 years), adolescent (13 years to 17 years), adult (18 years to 64 years) and geriatrics (65 years and older).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following:
- Develop and implement departmental objectives to ensure the health system’s mission and goals are achieved.
- Develop strong partnership with Nursing and Medical Providers to ensure efficient and safe quality delivery of Respiratory Services. Advocate for recognition of respiratory therapists as valuable members of the care team.
- Partner with Pulmonary Medical Director(s) to maintain oversight of all department activities, regularly monitoring and implementing process improvement measures within the department to maintain continuous accreditation readiness.
- Oversight for all human resource activity in the department including mentoring staff leaders, employee engagement, hiring and retention, clinical orientation, credentialing and competency and completion of the performance management process.
- Ensure staffing levels, schedules and coordination of daily activities adequately meet patient demand.
- Oversee the evaluation and maintenance of equipment to ensure efficient, complete and cost-effective delivery of major services, including but not limited to diagnostic testing, patient assessment and monitoring, and therapeutic interventions in the inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Take fiscal responsibility for budgetary planning of capital and operational needs. The individual will seek to operate within the annual budget, limit explainable variances, and work closely with value management.
- Ensures compliance with all federal, state, and local regulatory standards and requirements, including TJC, PA DOH, HIPAA and others.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Oversee the evaluation of and maintenance of equipment to ensure efficient, complete and cost-effective delivery of major services, including but not limited to diagnostic testing, patient assessment and monitoring, and therapeutic interventions in the inpatient and outpatient setting.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited RT program
- Current Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT)/Pennsylvania license
- 5 - 10 years clinical experience in a healthcare setting
- Minimum of 3 years of applicable management experience
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Motivational team building and mentoring abilities
- Master's degree
- 5 years of applicable management experience.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 06/17/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.