Director Recruitment and Talent Acquisition
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE) Monday-Friday
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide leadership, support and vision to team of talent acquisition professionals in the delivery of recruiting and employment strategies to attract, recruit and onboard diverse talent for the health system.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provide leadership and direction for effective and proactive recruiting strategies and processes
- Utilize workforce metrics to recognize success and drive performance improvement in the recruiting and employment processes.
- Provides consultative services to all levels of management to meet recruiting needs in a cost effective manner. Consult with senior leaders regarding workforce staffing and recruitment needs.
- Plan and support the development of individual recruitment specialists skills and abilities.
- Monitoring the labor market to identify issues that impact the organization’s ability to recruit and retain a highly functioning workforce.
- Develop ties with key community leaders to further enhance the effectiveness of recruitment efforts.
- Collaborate with other leaders within HR and the organization to develop a strategic workforce plan to ensure adequate supply of qualified healthcare workers to meet the organizational needs.
- Evaluates department processes on an on-going basis and develops mechanisms to track and trend data in an effort to improves systems. Continually evaluates methods to improve service to the customer.
- Provides reports related to turnover, days to fill, exit interviews, and other reports that will assist in developing recruitment and retention plans.
- Works with staff to research and employ new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting and build networks to find qualified passive candidates.
- Ensures that staff appropriately uses the Internet for recruitment in order to post positions, improve company website related to recruitment, research new ways to recruit on the internet and use professional and other sites to identify and source candidates.
- Develops and manages department budget to ensure appropriate resources are available to carry out recruitment activities and maintains the integrity of the budget.
- Responsible for the supervision of all staff, including coaching, providing timely feedback, ensuring the existence of developmental opportunities, recognizing and addressing disciplinary issues.
- Serves as Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) specialist, ensuring that all federal and state regulations are adhered to. Responsible for JCAHO and all other regulatory compliance (Dept. of Labor, Dept. of Health, etc).as it relates to recruitment processes.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with management, staff and public.
- Recommends, prepares and maintains records and procedures related to recruitment/retention of staff (applicant tracking, position tracking, exit interview process, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial Psychology, Business Administration with emphasis in Human Resources Management, or a related field.
- Five- seven years experience in full life cycle recruiting with a minimum of three years experience in oversight of recruiting function.
- Masters degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or related field or equivalent management experience.
- Two (2) years of Human Resources Management generalist experience.
- Writing skills, mathematical abilities and excellent computer skills.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/19/2021