Director Recruitment and Talent Acquisition
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE) Monday-Friday
POSITION SUMMARY: Provide leadership, support and vision to team of talent acquisition professionals in the delivery of recruiting and employment strategies to attract, recruit and onboard diverse talent for the health system.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provide leadership and direction for effective and proactive recruiting strategies and processes
- Utilize workforce metrics to recognize success and drive performance improvement in the recruiting and employment processes.
- Provides consultative services to all levels of management to meet recruiting needs in a cost effective manner. Consult with senior leaders regarding workforce staffing and recruitment needs.
- Plan and support the development of individual recruitment specialists skills and abilities.
- Monitoring the labor market to identify issues that impact the organization’s ability to recruit and retain a highly functioning workforce.
- Develop ties with key community leaders to further enhance the effectiveness of recruitment efforts.
- Collaborate with other leaders within HR and the organization to develop a strategic workforce plan to ensure adequate supply of qualified healthcare workers to meet the organizational needs.
- Evaluates department processes on an on-going basis and develops mechanisms to track and trend data in an effort to improves systems. Continually evaluates methods to improve service to the customer.
- Provides reports related to turnover, days to fill, exit interviews, and other reports that will assist in developing recruitment and retention plans.
- Works with staff to research and employ new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting and build networks to find qualified passive candidates.
- Ensures that staff appropriately uses the Internet for recruitment in order to post positions, improve company website related to recruitment, research new ways to recruit on the internet and use professional and other sites to identify and source candidates.
- Develops and manages department budget to ensure appropriate resources are available to carry out recruitment activities and maintains the integrity of the budget.
- Responsible for the supervision of all staff, including coaching, providing timely feedback, ensuring the existence of developmental opportunities, recognizing and addressing disciplinary issues.
- Serves as Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) specialist, ensuring that all federal and state regulations are adhered to. Responsible for JCAHO and all other regulatory compliance (Dept. of Labor, Dept. of Health, etc).as it relates to recruitment processes.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with management, staff and public.
- Recommends, prepares and maintains records and procedures related to recruitment/retention of staff (applicant tracking, position tracking, exit interview process, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Industrial Psychology, Business Administration with emphasis in Human Resources Management, or a related field.
- Five- seven years experience in full life cycle recruiting with a minimum of three years experience in oversight of recruiting function.
- Masters degree in Business Administration, Human Resource Management or related field or equivalent management experience.
- Two (2) years of Human Resources Management generalist experience.
- Writing skills, mathematical abilities and excellent computer skills.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 05/04/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.