Director Quality, Compliance & Education-Home Health
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Penn Medicine Home Health
2015 Administration/Shared Services
Penn Med Home Health LG Health Leadership
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director Quality, Compliance and Education has oversight responsibility for supporting and managing Performance Improvement, Staff Education, Clinical Informatics and Coding/OASIS Review.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- The position is accountable for developing, directing, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of Penn Medicine Home Health Lancaster General Health's continuous quality management and clinical excellence plans and programs.
- Responsible for the annual Staff Development Plan and oversees staff development functions, including Orientation, Delta/EPIC training, Staff Competency and ongoing education and training, OASIS accuracy and Regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for the annual performance improvement plan including the identification and prioritization of areas, processes or functions needing improvement. Oversees the ongoing performance improvement functions including ongoing monitoring, trending, and sustaining improvement.
- Responsible for monitoring the clinical performance of the organization and oversees the OBQI/OBQM monitoring and improvement activities including: Outcome reports, Home Health Compare, Adverse events, OASIS error reports, and HHCAHPS.
- Oversees the Clinical Informatics functions including compliant and meaningful clinical documentation and use of the EMR
- Directs the Infection Control Committee and functions including staff training and Patient/Employee Infection Surveillance and the infection risk analysis.
- Responsible for facility state licensure and accreditation survey readiness and ongoing compliance with regulation and standards.
- Oversees the medical record review process including quality review of OASIS assessments and related documentation, quality indicators based on outcome data and quarterly reviews.
- Works in collaboration with the hospital system partners to oversee home based Risk Management including occurrence and incident reports, tracking, and risk resolution.
- Ensures compliance with all current state, federal and accrediting body regulations and industry standards for Home Health.
- Ensures accountability for identification of trends and follow through, elimination of redundancy and a maximized focus on priority areas.
- Serve as the primary regulatory resource for staff regarding state regulations, Medicare CoPs, Accreditation Standards and agency policy and procedures
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Registered Nurse in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare related field required.
- Three to five years’ progressive and recent leadership experience in a home health care or healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of state, federal, and accreditation regulations which follows the provision of services within the department(s).
- Demonstrated performance improvement experience.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 01/28/2021