Director Quality, Compliance & Education-Home Health
Penn Medicine Home Health
2015 Administration/Shared Services
Penn Med Home Health LG Health Leadership
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director Quality, Compliance and Education has oversight responsibility for supporting and managing Performance Improvement, Staff Education, Clinical Informatics and Coding/OASIS Review.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- The position is accountable for developing, directing, monitoring and evaluating the implementation of Penn Medicine Home Health Lancaster General Health's continuous quality management and clinical excellence plans and programs.
- Responsible for the annual Staff Development Plan and oversees staff development functions, including Orientation, Delta/EPIC training, Staff Competency and ongoing education and training, OASIS accuracy and Regulatory compliance.
- Responsible for the annual performance improvement plan including the identification and prioritization of areas, processes or functions needing improvement. Oversees the ongoing performance improvement functions including ongoing monitoring, trending, and sustaining improvement.
- Responsible for monitoring the clinical performance of the organization and oversees the OBQI/OBQM monitoring and improvement activities including: Outcome reports, Home Health Compare, Adverse events, OASIS error reports, and HHCAHPS.
- Oversees the Clinical Informatics functions including compliant and meaningful clinical documentation and use of the EMR
- Directs the Infection Control Committee and functions including staff training and Patient/Employee Infection Surveillance and the infection risk analysis.
- Responsible for facility state licensure and accreditation survey readiness and ongoing compliance with regulation and standards.
- Oversees the medical record review process including quality review of OASIS assessments and related documentation, quality indicators based on outcome data and quarterly reviews.
- Works in collaboration with the hospital system partners to oversee home based Risk Management including occurrence and incident reports, tracking, and risk resolution.
- Ensures compliance with all current state, federal and accrediting body regulations and industry standards for Home Health.
- Ensures accountability for identification of trends and follow through, elimination of redundancy and a maximized focus on priority areas.
- Serve as the primary regulatory resource for staff regarding state regulations, Medicare CoPs, Accreditation Standards and agency policy and procedures
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Posted on 08/13/2019
- Registered Nurse in the state of Pennsylvania.
- Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare related field required.
- Three to five years’ progressive and recent leadership experience in a home health care or healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of state, federal, and accreditation regulations which follows the provision of services within the department(s).
- Demonstrated performance improvement experience.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.