Director Operations - LGHP Women's Services
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61010 Administration - Direct
Professional Billing Services- Leadership
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
HOURS: Full Time
The Director Operations is responsible for the overall operational management of a group of LGHP services focused on women’s health services. Director will oversee Managers across a variety of services to include: OB, Fertility, and Maternal & Fetal Medicine, with total practice portfolio to include six or more practices. Specific experience in women’s services, financial management, strategic planning and market assessment required. Director will be accountable for performance across all practices in the portfolio, setting goals and expected performance targets for Practice Managers and working collaboratively with Senior Physician Leaders and Managing Physicians across the practice portfolio. Director reports to Vice President, LGHP Specialty Services
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Recommends and implements strategies for practice growth that aligns with the LG Health Strategic Plan. Work collaboratively with health system, hospital, and service line leadership to develop short and long-range strategic goals and tactics to meet community needs.
- Delivers new products and services to constituents based on sound strategic and financial assumptions. With support from planning and business development, creates business plans for sites and services. Leads project teams in the implementation of new facilities and services, employing experience design principles. Assists project team with application requirements and implementation tasks, setting realistic timelines and contingency plans.
- Creates collaborative and productive partnerships with primary care physicians and referring providers. Possess the ability to inform, influence and provide sound rationale to physicians in recommending strategic changes in order to improve patient access, referring provider satisfaction, etc.
- In conjunction with physicians, practice managers, and site supervisors, facilitate the performance improvement process with a focus on patient, employee, and physician satisfaction, as well as clinical quality and operational efficiency. Presents new approaches and provides the support needed to facilitate implementation where appropriate.
- Directs the alignment of staff within each practice and facility to work as a team in creating a seamless delivery system. Collaborates with modality leaders to ensure staff are hired, trained, and evaluated for their performance.
- With support from finance, develops and manages the annual operating and capital budgets for practices, ambulatory facilities, and programs. Manages operations and the revenue cycle process to meet operational and financial goals.
- Review monthly financial reports and variance analyses. Monitor performance of practices and ambulatory sites via scorecards, P&Ls, and practice-specific key performance indicators (KPIs). Perform trend analysis and implement changes to meet desired goals.
- Facilitate, mentor and monitor leadership development of practice managers, site supervisors, and all direct reports. Educate and coach leaders relative to interpersonal skills that maximize employee satisfaction, customer service, and productivity.
- Coordinates the recruitment and contracting of providers in the region. Assists in resolving compensation matters.
- Informs and advises executive leadership of trends, issues, and activities relevant to primary care delivery and its relation to ambulatory services. Possess a strong understanding of changes resulting from healthcare reform and its implications on the delivery of and the reimbursement for physician and ambulatory services.
- Builds a culture that promotes innovation, teamwork and customer service excellence. Ensures that established system standards and policies and procedures are adhered to consistently.
- Works collaboratively with internal audit, compliance, professional billing service, decision support, business development, marketing, quality, and other departments that support delivering primary care services.
- Serves on physician, ambulatory, service line, inpatient, value management, and other committees as needed. Coordinates and collaborates with appropriate physicians, administration, patients, visitors, volunteers and other healthcare providers to ensure consistency and coordination of services.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Three (3) years experience managing multiple specialty physician practices.
Posted on 12/05/2019
- Master’s degree
- Two (2) years experience within the LGH system.
- Two (2) years experience in healthcare business development.