Diagnostic Services Representative-Lancaster General Hospital (32 hours/week, Mid shift)
Lancaster General Hospital
5013 LAB-Support Services
Lab- Support Services
32 hours/week. Flexible mid-shift position with a start time between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm. Every other weekend and holiday, and rotating on call.
If you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. We will send the assessment to the e-mail address that you included on your application. Please also check your junk/spam e-mail folder and complete the assessment within 5 days of receiving it. For more information, please click https://www.lghealthjobs.org/FAQS
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides complete and accurate patient scheduling, registration, and coordination of applicable diagnostic services which includes the disciplines of both Laboratory and Diagnostic Imaging. Capable of coordinating and communicating effectively during increased volumes or with complex patients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
Registration and Order Entry
- Perform complete and accurate patient registration including but not limited to walk-in, check-in, outpatient visit, or scheduled.
- Adapt to and perform during times of high volume or high patient acuity.
- Enter and manage diagnostic orders of inpatients, emergency patients, and outpatients.
- Facilitate communication and coordination of patients, guests, or appropriate parties as needed to provide services.
- Resolve account discrepancies.
- Meet productivity standards.
- Work appropriately within patient’s medical information documented in either an electronic or paper format.
Patient Liability and Point of Service Collections
- Support and perform Point of Service Collection functions to collect patient obligations as needed.
- Refer patients to appropriate person for questions regarding collections, insurance coverage, and financial assistance.
- Disseminate information to patients regarding co-pays, out of pocket expenses, pre-appointment preparation, arrival times, and other information as necessary.
- Complete documentation needed for regulatory compliance surrounding release of patient information.
- Abide by regulatory requirements pertaining to duties of the position and overall operation of the organization.
- Manage outbound patient reports to an appropriate recipient, and inbound patient reports to be used for clinical purposes.
- Distribute patient reports following all rules, guidelines and regulations.
- Process biological specimens accurately according to established procedures and regulatory requirements based on department needs.
- Operate automated diagnostic equipment.
- Perform maintenance and inventory of equipment and supplies according to standards.
- Maintain appearance of both public and patient care areas.
- Follow all appropriate safety and infection control protocols.
- Ensure proper patient identification.
- Greet and escort patients and visitors to and from waiting/exam room and prepare patient for visit with provider as indicated.
- Facilitate patients, guests, and customers’ needs through the department ensuring that they are delivered a well-organized experience.
- Obtain and manage outside diagnostic results and information.
- Manage and assist during uncommon or downtime situations.
Posted on 03/18/2020
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Clerical, customer service, or administrative support experience in a highly customer-oriented organization.
- One (1) year experience with basic keyboarding, personal computer use, and other office setting equipment.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- One (1) year of registration experience, point of service collection, insurance validation, understanding of compliance or regulatory guidelines, release of information processes preferred.
- Electronic Medical Record experience preferred.
- Prior experience in a healthcare setting preferred.