Diagnostic Services Representative-Lancaster General Hospital (32 hours/week, Flexible Mid shift)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
5013 LAB-Support Services
Lab- Support Services
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
32 hours/week. Flexible mid-shift position with a start time between 10:00 am and 2:00 pm. Every other weekend and holiday, and rotating on call.
If you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. We will send the assessment to the e-mail address that you included on your application. Please also check your junk/spam e-mail folder and complete the assessment within 5 days of receiving it. For more information, please click https://www.lghealthjobs.org/FAQS
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides complete and accurate patient scheduling, registration, and coordination of applicable diagnostic services which includes the disciplines of both Laboratory and Diagnostic Imaging. Capable of coordinating and communicating effectively during increased volumes or with complex patients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
Registration and Order Entry
- Perform complete and accurate patient registration including but not limited to walk-in, check-in, outpatient visit, or scheduled.
- Adapt to and perform during times of high volume or high patient acuity.
- Enter and manage diagnostic orders of inpatients, emergency patients, and outpatients.
- Facilitate communication and coordination of patients, guests, or appropriate parties as needed to provide services.
- Resolve account discrepancies.
- Meet productivity standards.
- Work appropriately within patient’s medical information documented in either an electronic or paper format.
Patient Liability and Point of Service Collections
- Support and perform Point of Service Collection functions to collect patient obligations as needed.
- Refer patients to appropriate person for questions regarding collections, insurance coverage, and financial assistance.
- Disseminate information to patients regarding co-pays, out of pocket expenses, pre-appointment preparation, arrival times, and other information as necessary.
- Complete documentation needed for regulatory compliance surrounding release of patient information.
- Abide by regulatory requirements pertaining to duties of the position and overall operation of the organization.
- Manage outbound patient reports to an appropriate recipient, and inbound patient reports to be used for clinical purposes.
- Distribute patient reports following all rules, guidelines and regulations.
- Process biological specimens accurately according to established procedures and regulatory requirements based on department needs.
- Operate automated diagnostic equipment.
- Perform maintenance and inventory of equipment and supplies according to standards.
- Maintain appearance of both public and patient care areas.
- Follow all appropriate safety and infection control protocols.
- Ensure proper patient identification.
- Greet and escort patients and visitors to and from waiting/exam room and prepare patient for visit with provider as indicated.
- Facilitate patients, guests, and customers’ needs through the department ensuring that they are delivered a well-organized experience.
- Obtain and manage outside diagnostic results and information.
- Manage and assist during uncommon or downtime situations.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Clerical, customer service, or administrative support experience in a highly customer-oriented organization.
- One (1) year experience with basic keyboarding, personal computer use, and other office setting equipment.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- One (1) year of registration experience, point of service collection, insurance validation, understanding of compliance or regulatory guidelines, release of information processes preferred.
- Electronic Medical Record experience preferred.
- Prior experience in a healthcare setting preferred.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 07/09/2021