Diagnostic Imaging Technologist Trainee (PRN/Varied Shifts)
Under indirect supervision, provides radiological care for the purpose of diagnostic and/or treatment of anatomic and physiologic disorders. Patient care includes care to patients in the following age groups: neonatal (birth to 30 days), pediatric (30 days through 12 years), adolescent (13 through 18 years), adult (19 through 64 years), and geriatric (65 years and above).
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Casual, 0.1 FTE, working 4 hours per week around Radiology clinical/school schedules as applicable. Weekend and holiday rotation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Under indirect supervision of a diagnostic imaging technologist, performs all routine diagnostic procedures through proper patient positioning, technique selection, application of immobilization and provides any necessary radiation protection.
- Receives requests/orders, checking for special instructions from the requesting physicians, consulting with radiologists as necessary. Responsible for required documentation and patient history. Documents other information as required.
- Greets patients, confirms their identification, performing the correct procedures as directed. Completely explains the procedure to the patient (and family if present) as directed.
- Completes examination, consultation, and billing procedures as required. Performs other paper work as applicable.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma / GED
- Must be a student of an AMA-approved school of radiological technology.
- CPR certification.
- Enrolled in a college radiography program as a student in good standing with the college.
- Senior student of an AMA-approved school of radiological technology.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies, x-ray equipment, processor, intercom, ID flasher, pen/pencil, fire extinguisher
Software: Microsoft Office Products, HIS, RIMS
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 01/11/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.