Diagnostic Imaging Technologist Trainee
Lancaster General Hospital
7215 SOP-Diagnostic Imaging
Suburban Outpatient - X-Ray
Job Title: Diagnostic Imaging Tech Trainee
- This position is located at sites around Lancaster, PA and is for Radiography students
Causal 0.1, working a minimum 8 hrs per 2 week pay, varied hours during the week and some weekend and holiday hours. Must be available to work inpatient or outpatient and be willing to work at least at two outpatient sites
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: THIS POSITION IS FOR RADIOGRAPHY STUDENTS Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Diagnostic Imaging Tech Trainee. The DITT
Under indirect supervision, provides radiological care for the purpose of diagnostic and/or treatment of anatomic and physiologic disorders.
- Under indirect supervision of a diagnostic imaging technologist, performs all routine diagnostic procedures through proper procedures, patient positioning, technique selection, application of immobilization and provides any necessary radiation protection.
- Receives requests/orders, checking for special instructions from the requesting physicians, consulting with radiologists asnecessary. Responsible for required documentation and patient history. Documents other information as required.
- Greets patients, confirms their identification, performing the correct procedures as directed. Completely explains the procedure to the patient (and family if present) as directed.
- Completes examination, consultation, and billing procedures as required. Performs other paper work as applicable.
Must be a student of an AMA-approved school of radiological technology
Experience of a well-rounded student in good academic standings with the college.
This position requires PA Child Abuse and FBI Fingerprinting Clearances.
Posted on 07/09/2020