Diagnostic Imaging Support Representative (32 hours/ 2nd Shift)
32hrs a week/0.8 FTE 2nd shift and occasional 3rd shift hours. Holidays, weekends, on-call responsibilities.
Location: Suburban Outpatient Pavilion
Schedule: 32 hours per week; 2nd Shift
2 months of training to be conducted on 1st shift.
The Diagnostic Imaging Support Representative maintains, assembles, and dispenses radiologic records. This position is also responsible to provide support to Radiologists for Diagnostic Imaging workflows.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Coordinate daily logistics of the department including scheduling of patient flow and supply inventory.
- Work within and monitor multiple computer applications ensuring that patient care is proceeding in a timely and safe manner.
- Receive, direct, and expedite communication between providers, clinical areas, and customers.
- Identify barriers to patient care both proactively and retrospectively, resolving issues within the scope of Support Services.
- Direct downtime activities for the providers in conjunction with departmental and organizational leaders.
- Manage the distribution of images.
- Ensure needs of the Reading Rooms throughout the enterprise are met.
- Receive visitors to the Reading Room.
- Coordinate patient care with the providers.
- Deliver customer service to providers, patients, and throughout the organization.
- Prepare and facilitate conferences.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Mentor and provide training to new employees and peers as needed.
- Support quality initiatives both in the department and organization.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties/projects as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Demonstrated proficiency in computers
- Two to three years’ related work experience
- Post-secondary education
- One (1) year experience or certification in healthcare
- Knowledge of medical terminology
- One (1) year experience in customer service
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 01/17/2023
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.