Decision Support Financial Analyst
Lancaster General Hospital
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
HOURS: Full Time
Financial Decision Support (FDS) is the primary strategic financial analysis resource for Lancaster General Health. FDS serves as an internal consultant and information provider on a wide range of strategic, programmatic and operational projects including hospital, service line and department performance as well as proforma development, ROI and break even analyses.
FDS Analysts work as an integrated, cross-trained team delivering support across all entities and service lines based on organizational priorities. Summary responsibilities include:
· Working with stakeholders to gather analysis requirements and develop work plans to address them.
· Performing analysis and identifying, synthesizing and framing key insights.
· Preparing and delivering analyses to key stakeholders and leaders.
· Building consensus around key actions arising from analysis.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Executes structured, insightful and data-driven strategic and financial analyses with moderate to minimal input.
- Translates the business need into data questions, builds reports/queries, and validates data as part of the analysis process.
- Identifies key takeaways from analyses and communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, with various levels of the organization.
- Determines appropriate scale for analyses to meet required timelines and/or the decision to be made.
- Manages multiple project assignments simultaneously.
- Develops an understanding of business processes and how to connect them with data.
- Researches major initiatives impacting healthcare delivery and finances (governmental, payer, technology changes) and modifies modeling techniques to incorporate upcoming changes.
- Maintains knowledge of regulatory, payer and social issues impacting healthcare delivery and finances.
- Ensures the accuracy of data by collaborating with various internal departments and external organizations to identify, communicate and develop solutions around data integrity issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Four years of relevant experience in data mining of large datasets and the subsequent development of financial and/or clinical analyses.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and computer literacy and aptitude for word processing.
Posted on 02/03/2020
- Six years of relevant experience in data mining of large datasets and the subsequent development of financial and/or clinical analyses, ideally in the healthcare setting.
- Experience in business and/or strategic planning including the development of ROIs, proformas, breakeven analyses and other financial modeling.
- Understanding of clinical care delivery, provider financials and major industry trends impacting health care.
- Advanced skillsets in the utilization of Microsoft Excel/PowerPivot and SQL.