Decision Support Financial Analyst
Lancaster General Hospital
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time
Financial Decision Support (FDS) is the primary strategic financial analysis resource for Lancaster General Health. FDS serves as an internal consultant and information provider on a wide range of strategic, programmatic and operational projects including hospital, service line and department performance as well as proforma development, ROI and break even analyses.
- FDS Analysts work as an integrated, cross-trained team delivering support across all entities and service lines based on organizational priorities. Summary responsibilities include:
· Working with stakeholders to gather analysis requirements and develop work plans to address them.
· Performing analysis and identifying, synthesizing and framing key insights.
· Preparing and delivering analyses to key stakeholders and leaders.
· Building consensus around key actions arising from analysis
- Executes structured, insightful and data-driven strategic and financial analyses with moderate to minimal input.
- Translates the business need into data questions, builds reports/queries, and validates data as part of the analysis process.
- Identifies key takeaways from analyses and communicates effectively, both verbally and in writing, with various levels of the organization.
- Determines appropriate scale for analyses to meet required timelines and/or the decision to be made.
- Manages multiple project assignments simultaneously.
- Develops an understanding of business processes and how to connect them with data.
- Researches major initiatives impacting healthcare delivery and finances (governmental, payer, technology changes) and modifies modeling techniques to incorporate upcoming changes.
- Maintains knowledge of regulatory, payer and social issues impacting healthcare delivery and finances.
- Ensures the accuracy of data by collaborating with various internal departments and external organizations to identify, communicate and develop solutions around data integrity issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Four years of relevant experience in data mining of large datasets and the subsequent development of financial and/or clinical analyses.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Excel and computer literacy and aptitude for word processing.
Posted on 01/07/2020
- Six years of relevant experience in data mining of large datasets and the subsequent development of financial and/or clinical analyses, ideally in the healthcare setting.
- Experience in business and/or strategic planning including the development of ROIs, proformas, breakeven analyses and other financial modeling.
- Understanding of clinical care delivery, provider financials and major industry trends impacting health care.
- Advanced skillsets in the utilization of Microsoft Excel/PowerPivot and SQL.