Dean, Health Science and Science and Humanities
PA College Of Health Sciences
9849 Academic Support
As the Dean of Health Sciences, Sciences and Humanities for the College, this position reports to the Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs and provides leadership and supervision to the Division of Health Science and Sciences and Humanities. The Dean also oversees the Center for Teaching and Learning. The Dean advocates for Health Science and Science and Humanities programs and works closely with Dean of Nursing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (ability to perform with or without reasonable accommodations)
- Promotes and contributes to the enhancement of PA College’s high performing learner-centered environment.
- Provides direct supervision to the Division of Health Science and Sciences and Humanities and the Center for Teaching and Learning.
- Communicates regularly with department chairs on academic issues and initiatives within the College.
- Supports the acquisition, development, and retention of program faculty
- Collaborates with the Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs to assist department Chairpersons to design, develop and implement strategies to assess and enhance academic rigor, quality and compliance to academic standards including program accreditation and MSCHE standards.
- Collaborates with faculty and Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs on development and revision of academic programs
- Works with the AVP of Student Affairs and AVP of Academic Affairs to implement the College retention Plan at the programmatic level across all areas of responsibility.
- Assists the Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs in assuring Health Science and Science and Humanities programs are in compliance with accrediting agency standards where appropriate.
- Oversees program budgets in collaboration with department chairs and works within budgetary boundaries.
- Collaborates with the Director of Admissions on projection of student enrollment for current and future programs.
- Forges relationships and agreements with external organizations and academic institutions to enhance students’ clinical experiences and College enrollment.
- Carries out other duties as may be assigned by the Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in professional organizations.
- Participate in volunteer community activities.
- Serve on College committees in accordance with the secondary function and structure.
Specific Education, Certifications, and Licensure:
To perform this job successfully…..
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in academic leadership
- Record of effective teaching in higher education sector
- Demonstrable competence in administration and communication
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 10/27/2021