LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hs/wk) On call weekend rotation every 3 weeks.
The Caché/ IRIS DBA is an integrated part of the EMR DBA team and liaison to UNIX system administrators. The position is responsible for maintaining, creating, and monitoring Epic & Ensemble Caché/ IRIS databases. Ensuring system integrity of the Epic & Ensemble application are the primary responsibility of the administrator. The successful candidate will be responsible for daily monitoring, maintaining a high degree of performance, coordinating system behaviors, using existing and creating new tools for managing multiple environments. The LGH Epic team is integrated and will require active participation in consulting with other team members to ensure successful project implementations and system upgrades. The position will also participate in disaster recovery planning, testing and be available off hours for production support.
Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Creates and maintains Caché / IRIS databases for EMR systems Epic and Intersystems Ensemble in production and non-production environments.
- Create and maintain high availability/ Disaster Recovery solutions for Epic and Ensemble using Caché/ IRIS mirroring.
- Perform routine/ad-hoc updates and upgrades to production and non-production environments.
- Review Epic Business Continuity best practices, create related documentations and implement any changes required to comply.
- Perform routine Caché/ IRIS database restore tests of production and key non-production databases from enterprise backup system.
- Creates new environments, perform routine/ ad-hoc environment refreshes and maintain environment copy configurations.
- Creates customized DR cutover checklists for production and reporting environments and perform routine/ ad-hoc failover of production and reporting environments for Epic and Ensemble.
- Collaborate with Environment coordinator, technical teams and application teams to plan and execute environment upgrades, updates and other technical maintenance.
- Work closely with Client System administrators in maintaining compatible clients with server, install, and maintain administrative and monitoring tools.
- Provide ongoing operational support for Epic and Ensemble systems, which include routine monitoring of the databases, assisting application teams and end users.
- Work closely with vendor technical support to maintain a secure system, create and review hardware and software configuration.
- Work closely with vendor, server/ storage administrators to keep the OS, hardware and storage on target by following vendor recommendations.
- Participate in 24/7 on-call support rotations.
- Work with vendor and perform server/ storage capacity assessment to size for future growth.
- Analyze system-generated data and utilize other monitoring tools to review and project system trends on performance and storage.
- Implement production changes through change control process.
- Create and maintain necessary technical documentation and technical architecture diagrams pertaining to Database environments.
- Proactive monitoring of system messages, alerts, and upkeep the systems. Run routine Caché/ IRIS database backups and integrity checks for Epic and Ensemble.
- Monitor and install Caché/ IRIS license keys.
- Implement remediation solutions for security threats and vulnerabilities as identified. Follow security policies according to organizational, industry and vendor standards.
- Responsible for leading projects, including planning and deploying a database product
- Participate in environment strategy planning and production deployment activities/meetings
- Other duties as assigned.
- Advanced understanding of UNIX/ Linux operating systems and storage concepts.
- Working knowledge with IBM AIX or Red Hat Enterprise Linux.
- Epic ODBA certification/ experience as a Database Administrator.
- Knowledge of VMware/ vSAN environments.
- Healthcare IT experience.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 08/01/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.