Lancaster General Hospital
2521 IS Application Services
Business Intelligence-Database Services
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
HOURS: Full Time - On call weekend rotation every 3 weeks. Work from home 2-3 days per week
POSITION SUMMARY: Under direct supervision participates in the creation and maintenance of databases in a client/server environment. Assists with database upgrades, monitoring and auditing to ensure reliability, usability, serviceability, security and availability. Works directly with users and vendors to resolve data conflicts or errors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Maintains production databases, monitoring their performance and utilization, reorganizing the databases at regular intervals, and tuning the databases as necessary.
- Monitors the utilization and performance of all disk devices, performing load balancing as necessary.
- Establishes and implements both automated and manual storage management policies to insure that sufficient disk space is available.
- Provides Programming and Operations staff with technical support and problem resolution assistance.
- Maintains a subset of the production databases to be used for testing and training purposes.
- Maintains a good working knowledge of database software, database utilities, data and space management software, and hardware installed at Lancaster General.
- Installs new software and maintains existing software, applying upgrades and fixes as advised and provided by the vendor.
- Responsible for installation, administration and maintenance of databases in Production and development environment.
- Responsible for leading projects, including planning and deploying a database product.
- Responsible for setting up, configuring and managing databases in Test and Production environment.
- Participate in applying database schema changes to various Test and production databases.
- Participate in planning and production deployment activities/meetings.
- Responsible to participate in on-call rotation.
- Responsible for Data refreshes.
- Develop and maintain clear and complete documentation of various routine database procedures and tasks.
- Maintains a general knowledge of software and hardware available which is applicable for use at Lancaster General.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor or Associate degree in Computer Science or related degree is preferred, or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Epic Certifications as required by Information Services to support the application. Certification will be offered and provided by LGH and must be obtained within 6 months of role entry and within three (3) exam attempts.
- Five (5) years experience as a Database Administrator.
- Thorough understanding of database Backup and Recovery concepts.
- Have a strong capability to identify, analyze and recommend solutions to a problem.
- Thorough understanding of DBMS.
Posted on 01/31/2020
- Strong Unix Shell or Windows scripting.
- Experience in Oracle, Microsoft SQL RDBMS and Cache.