At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
2521 IS Application Services
Business Intelligence-Database Services
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
This position is located in Lancaster, Pa
HOURS: Full Time - On call weekend rotation every 3 weeks. Work from home 2-3 days per week
POSITION SUMMARY: Under direct supervision participates in the creation and maintenance of databases in a client/server environment. Assists with database upgrades, monitoring and auditing to ensure reliability, usability, serviceability, security and availability. Works directly with users and vendors to resolve data conflicts or errors.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Maintains production databases, monitoring their performance and utilization, reorganizing the databases at regular intervals, and tuning the databases as necessary.
- Monitors the utilization and performance of all disk devices, performing load balancing as necessary.
- Establishes and implements both automated and manual storage management policies to insure that sufficient disk space is available.
- Provides Programming and Operations staff with technical support and problem resolution assistance.
- Maintains a subset of the production databases to be used for testing and training purposes.
- Maintains a good working knowledge of database software, database utilities, data and space management software, and hardware installed at Lancaster General.
- Installs new software and maintains existing software, applying upgrades and fixes as advised and provided by the vendor.
- Responsible for installation, administration and maintenance of databases in Production and development environment.
- Responsible for leading projects, including planning and deploying a database product.
- Responsible for setting up, configuring and managing databases in Test and Production environment.
- Participate in applying database schema changes to various Test and production databases.
- Participate in planning and production deployment activities/meetings.
- Responsible to participate in on-call rotation.
- Responsible for Data refreshes.
- Develop and maintain clear and complete documentation of various routine database procedures and tasks.
- Maintains a general knowledge of software and hardware available which is applicable for use at Lancaster General.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor or Associate degree in Computer Science or related degree is preferred, or approved equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Epic Certifications as required by Information Services to support the application. Certification will be offered and provided by LGH and must be obtained within 6 months of role entry and within three (3) exam attempts.
- Five (5) years experience as a Database Administrator.
- Thorough understanding of database Backup and Recovery concepts.
- Have a strong capability to identify, analyze and recommend solutions to a problem.
- Thorough understanding of DBMS.
- Strong Unix Shell or Windows scripting.
- Experience in Oracle, Microsoft SQL RDBMS and Cache.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 04/22/2021