Lancaster General Hospital
Analytics & Architecture
HOURS: Full-Time (1.0 FTE); Day Shift.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: The primary responsibility of the position will be the optimization of enterprise business intelligence tools to demonstrate the value to the organization by defining optimal and scalable architecture. Leverages knowledge of relational databases, interfaces and enterprise reporting engines to contribute to Lancaster General Health’s business intelligence effort. Develops and maintains system data marts and registries; troubleshoots and tunes databases and ETL process; assists in establishing development standards. Writes code for database access, modifications, and constructions, including stored procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Designs BI architecture plans and builds roadmaps for integration to the presentation layers for strategic projects.
- Researches new technology and develops business cases to support enterprise wide business intelligence solutions.
- Prepares simple specifications, designs, data models and diagrams from which databases can be developed.
- Translates logical/physical data designs and models into data dictionaries.
- Develops and maintains solutions for data integration into EHR from business intelligence tools.
- Develops enterprise level relational and multidimensional data and object models that are related to metadata, metrics, transactions and data definition.
- Communicates and documents data status/knowledge/issues with other members of IS including user Subject Matter Experts and System Administrators to resolve data requirements and participate in data conversion requirements definition.
- Assists in the analysis, design and implementation of accurate, secure, and efficient Business Objects Universes.
- Analyzes and assesses clinical workflows and processes and provides recommendations for improved design methods.
- Keeps current with latest technology; regularly attends Epic training in order to maintain technical competency
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma.
- Epic Certifications as required by Information Services to support the application. Certification will be offered and provided by LGH and must be obtained within 6 months of role entry and within three (3) exam attempts.
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience In-depth knowledge of RDBMS systems, specifically MS SQL and management tools.
- Strong SQL skills including the ability to write complex queries for performance improvement.
- Three (3) to five (5) years experience working with database analysis & design tools; using reporting applications; or creating ad hoc reports.
- In-depth knowledge of Data Modeling concepts and tools.
- In-depth knowledge Data Mart design concepts.
- In-depth knowledge of database programming including stored procedures using PL/SQL.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field.
- Three (3) years experience with mainframe applications including interface engine support.
- Knowledgedata warehouse systems or database administration.
- In-depth knowledge of SAP Business Objects tool set.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Posted on 07/29/2019