Data Analyst - Oncology
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
1.0 (40 hours/week) Full time FTE, M-F, No weekends, no holidays, day shift
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Day Shift Monday-Friday, no weekends/holidays.
POSITION SUMMARY: Support decision making by the department through retrieval and analysis of clinical and business data. Serves as a resource to the department for the operation and functionality of information systems. Facilitates compilation and validation of information thus maintaining integrity of databases. Provides ongoing technical assistance for data displays. Analyze information, compare and contrast both internal and external comparative databases and benchmarking information.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Creates and utilizes appropriate databases to collect and aggregate pertinent data, compile, sort, analyze and display data collected in requested format including presentations.
- Performs ongoing data analysis and outcome measurement activities utilizing various tools including control charts, graphics as well as narrative analyses.
- Analyzes data originating from various sources including but not limited to:
- Data generated from various clinical and business databases
- Clinical medical information regarding patient care
- External sources
- Participates in various initiatives and project teams offering, at a minimum, support for presentation of metrics and outcomes and expertise in data management and analysis. Evaluates processes and procedures and makes recommendations for improvement or compliance to department leadership.
- Compares and contrasts data both internally and externally utilizing comparative databases and benchmarking information.
- Assists department staff with refining their data request based on knowledge of systems and capabilities.
- Interacts and communicates with other departments, physicians, and staff within the organization to communicate or disseminate data as appropriate
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Establishes procedures for and maintains backup files.
- Generates standard periodic reports according to department protocols.
- Support System Administrators for department-based applications.
- Supports users with timely answers to questions and tracks all problems to prioritize enhancements and follow through.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Understanding of external regulatory agency requirements.
- One (1) year experience in an insurance or healthcare patient financial setting.
- One (1) year medical terminology experience.
- Previous data management experience.
- Highly proficient written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Professional (e.g. Word, Outlook). Above average proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel and Access.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree (or currently enrolled).
- Five (5) years data management experience.
- Two (2) years of medical terminology experience.
- Five (5) years of personal computer experience.
- Expert proficiency with Excel and Access
- Two (2) years of hands-on experience in clinical data validation and data management.
- One (1) years’ experience in account resolution.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 08/05/2021