Customer Service Specialist - Geriatrics at Willow Lakes
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
7599 Willow Lakes-Senior Services
Senior Services Admin
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
Full Time: 80hrs/2wks; 8:30am-5pm, Monday-Friday
This position is located in Willow Street, PA
ORIENTATION: THIS POSITION REQUIRES A 5-WEEK FULL-TIME TRAINING PROGRAM IN LANCASTER, PA.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Customer Service Specialist with Geriatric Specialists. The Customer Service Specialist performs a variety of front office clerical duties to support practice operations including but not limited to answering telephones, responding to patient inquiries, scheduling appointments, and checking patients in and out.
- Accurately schedules patients taking into consideration type of appointment, patient flow and provider availability.
- Upon check in, greets patients, verifies demographic and insurance information and makes all necessary changes in the patient chart. Collects patient balances, if applicable. Directs patients appropriately and keeps patients informed of wait times and other pertinent information.
- Upon check out, collects self-pay balances due at time of service. Accurately post charges and provides receipts, if applicable. Schedules necessary follow-up appointments as needed.
- Answers telephones in a timely and friendly manner. Screens and accurately relays messages to the appropriate party.
- Utilizes various payor websites and other resources to verify appropriate insurance guidelines are met for services rendered.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year of clerical, customer service, or administrative support experience in a highly customer-oriented organization.
- One year experience with basic keyboarding, personal computer use, and other office setting equipment.
- One year of registration experience, point of service collection, insurance validation, understanding of compliance /regulatory guidelines and order release processes preferred.
- One year prior experience of revenue cycle in a hospital/medical office setting preferred.
- Previous Epic or equivalent electronic medical record experience preferred.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 06/18/2021