Customer Service Specialist-Emergency Registration- Lancaster General Hospital- (20 hours/week, 2nd
Lancaster General Hospital
4560 Emergency Medicine
Admissions Office- Registration Emergency Department
20 hours/week. 2nd/3rd split shift. Hours vary Mon-Fri between 6:45 pm and 3:15 am. . Every other weekend . Every other holiday.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Customer Service Specialist within the Emergency Medicine department. The Customer Service Specialist provides complete and accurate patient scheduling, registration, insurance verification, ordering of tests and coordination of applicable screening, diagnostic, physician office and outpatient hospital services. The Customer Service Specialist must be capable of coordinating and communicating effectively during increased volumes or with complex patients.
- Performs complete and accurate patient registration.
- Supports inbound and outbound calls to or from patients, guests, or appropriate parties as needed to provide services.
- Refers patient to appropriate person for questions regarding; collections, insurance coverages, and financial assistance.
- Understands insurance company coverage and referral/authorization requirements of payors. Performs electronic and manual verification of insurance coverage and understands how to read and accurately apply electronic insurance responses.
- Screens and accurately relays messages using protocols established for emergent, urgent and non-urgent calls.
Posted on 10/01/2019
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One (1) year prior experience of Revenue Cycle in a Hospital/Medical Office Setting.
- One (1) year of clerical, customer service, or administrative support experience in a highly customer-oriented organization.
- One (1) year experience with basic keyboarding, personal computer use, and other office setting equipment.
- One (1) year of registration experience, point of service collection, insurance validation, understanding of compliance /regulatory guidelines and order release processes preferred.
- Previous Epic or equivalent Electronic Medical Record experience preferred.