Customer Service Specialist (Full Time/ Day shift)
POSITION SUMMARY: To provide excellent customer service to all of our customers. This position includes answering customer calls and questions as well as being responsible to collect on self-pay and self-pay residual accounts.
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Full Time (1.0 FTE; 40hrs/wk) Monday-Friday, no evenings, weekends, or holidays. Set schedule provided.
$1,000 SIGN-ON BONUS! (external candidates)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Makes every effort to provide an extraordinary customer service experience to all customers, both internal and external.
- Effectively follows and enforces company collection processes.
- Maintains the Customer Service call benchmarks.
- Informs Team Lead and/or Supervisor of all potential problems and issues immediately.
- Has an understanding of the revenue cycle and who to contact when issues/questions arise.
- Performs processes, including but not limited to: financial assistance, medical assistance application qualifications, insurance billing, payment plans, and patient correspondence.
- Maintains knowledge in all aspects of the Fair Debt Collections Practices Act and is compliant in all collection efforts.
- Maintains PCI (Payment Card Industry) compliance when taking payment information.
- Maintain HIPAA compliance at all times when working with PHI
- Understands both hospital and professional sides of the revenue cycle
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Processes and follows special accounts.
- Assists with any special projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Two (2) years prior Customer Service, Billing and Account Resolution experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Microsoft Office experience.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to apply strong analytical qualities.
- Associates Degree.
- Experience using an Electronic Medical Record (EMR), preferably Epic.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/08/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.