Customer Service Specialist (Full-Time) New Holland
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61110 New Holland Family Medicine
New Holland Family Medicine- Front Office
Facility: Lancaster General Medical Group
Department: New Holland Family Medicine
Full-time: Varied hours between Monday-Thursday 6:45am – 8pm, Friday 6:45am – 6pm, every fifth Saturday 7:30am – 12pm
This position is located in New Holland, PA.
ORIENTATION: THIS POSITION REQUIRES A 5-WEEK FULL-TIME TRAINING PROGRAM IN LANCASTER, PA.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Customer Service Specialist with New Holland Family Medicine. The Customer Service Specialist performs a variety of front office clerical duties to support practice operations including but not limited to answering telephones, responding to patient inquiries, scheduling appointments, and checking patients in and out. This position will work four 8.75 hour shifts and one 5 hour shifts on the weeks without weekends.
- Accurately schedules patients taking into consideration type of appointment, patient flow and provider availability.
- Upon check in, greets patients, verifies demographic and insurance information and makes all necessary changes in the patient chart. Collects patient balances, if applicable. Directs patients appropriately and keeps patients informed of wait times and other pertinent information.
- Upon check out, collects self-pay balances due at time of service. Accurately post charges and provides receipts, if applicable. Schedules necessary follow-up appointments as needed.
- Answers telephones in a timely and friendly manner. Screens and accurately relays messages to the appropriate party.
- Utilizes various payor websites and other resources to verify appropriate insurance guidelines are met for services rendered.
Posted on 01/07/2020
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- One year of clerical, customer service, or administrative support experience in a highly customer-oriented organization.
- One year experience with basic keyboarding, personal computer use, and other office setting equipment.
- One year of registration experience, point of service collection, insurance validation, understanding of compliance /regulatory guidelines and order release processes preferred.
- One year prior experience of revenue cycle in a hospital/medical office setting preferred.
- Previous Epic or equivalent electronic medical record experience preferred.