Customer Service Specialist( ABBCI- Check-In/Check-Out- Full Time 40 hrs per week)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
work at ABBCI to perform check in check out functions
dayshift hours, no weekend or holidays
Full Time: 40 hrs per week. Day Shift. No weekends or major holidays.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Provides complete and accurate patient scheduling, registration, insurance verification, ordering of tests and coordination of applicable screening, diagnostic, physician office and outpatient hospital services. Capable of coordinating and communicating effectively during increased volumes or with complex patients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs complete and accurate patient registration including but not limited to: walk in, check-in, and/or scheduled.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully adapt and perform during times of high volumes and/or high patient acuity. Demonstrates skill to service both hospital and physician office patients, as assigned.
- Supports inbound and outbound calls to or from patients, guests, or appropriate parties to provide services. Effectively manages general patient complaints/concerns in a professional manner, escalating more complex issues to supervisor/manager as needed.
- Understands and supports Point of Service Collections. Performs all necessary functions needed to collect patient obligations.
- Refers patient to appropriate person for questions regarding; collections, insurance coverages, and financial assistance.
- Disseminates or discusses information with the patients regarding co-pays, out of pocket expenses, pre-appointment preparation, arrival times, etc.
- Verifies patient, guarantor, coverage and hospital account information. Performs required referral/authorization processes and enters orders for applicable tests.
- Understands insurance company coverage and referral/authorization requirements of payors. Performs electronic and manual verification of insurance coverage and understands how to read and accurately apply electronic insurance responses.
- Prepares and/or releases records or orders in the e-Health record. Scans all necessary documents into appropriate medical record. Understands the importance of patient’s medical information that is documented on paper. Sends all pertinent information to document imaging or heath information management team with in the established time frames.
- Completes documentation for compliance and regulatory needs and/or release of orders. Retains knowledge and abides by all regulatory requirements pertaining to duties of position and overall operations (as applicable).
- Screens and accurately relays messages using protocols established for emergent, urgent and non-urgent calls.
- Demonstrates ability to register unscheduled patients requiring a full financial clearance.
- Completes assigned patient scheduling and registration work queues according to performance standards.
- Ability to resolve work queue issues and missing registration items via electronic medical record.
For Regional Positions:
- Travels regularly to various sites within the region to support operational needs as listed above.
- Assists at new practices and sites by mentoring and leading other team members during the initial onboarding period.
- Special projects as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One (1) year of clerical, customer service, or administrative support experience in a highly customer-oriented organization.
- One (1) year experience with basic keyboarding, personal computer use, and other office setting equipment.
- For Regional Positions only – Valid driver’s license is required.
- One (1) year of registration experience, point of service collection, insurance validation, understanding of compliance /regulatory guidelines and order release process(es).
- One (1) year prior experience of Revenue Cycle in a Hospital/Medical Office Setting.
- Previous Epic or equivalent Electronic Medical Record experience.
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 12/14/2021