Customer Service Lead- The Heart Group (40 hours/week- Day Shift)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
HOURS: Full Time: 40 hrs per week. Hours range between 7 am and 6 pm.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists supervisor/manager in daily operations of the department. Responsibilities include employee training, time keeping and completing and preparing reporting documents. Performs quality and assurance data checks to support quantitative measures for the department. Acts as a first line resource for staff and resolves complex registration issues. Reviews daily workloads to include assisting in the oversight of daily operations of the department. Capable of coordinating and communicating effectively during increased volumes or with complex patients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Serves as the first line resource for registration staff. Maintains a thorough knowledge of staff procedures for the purpose of staff coverage.
- Performs all job functions of the Registration staff, including but not limited to, insurance verification and scheduling. Maintains proficiency and knowledge in all areas of Registration.
- Provides orientation for new employees and offers feedback to supervisor/manager throughout onboarding process. Provides on-going training to employees, maintains training, policy and procedure manuals, and disseminates information to staff.
- Informs supervisor/manager of any problems or issues pertaining to, but not limited to, registration or scheduling polices or processes.
- Completes quality assurance checks for staff and department as directed by supervisor/manager. Assists with reviews of authorization denial data.
- Provides feedback to supervisor/manager for Annual Performance Reviews.
- Assists in overseeing daily work output to include adjustment of break periods as needed, controls periods of non-productivity and ensures daily operational goals are met.
- Exhibits flexibility and adaptability to meet the needs of customers, operational team, and leadership team.
- Serves as point person for software and process questions or concerns. In conjunction with Supervisor or Manager, facilitates resolution of issues. Prepares and disseminates effective communication of issue resolution to staff.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Assists with interview processes of potential employees.
- Assists with any special projects as assigned.
- Assists or compiles information for applicable management reports.
- Assists with training new hires.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year experience as a Customer Service Specialist.
- One (1) year experience in Revenue Cycle in a Hospital/Medical Office setting.
- One (1) year of clerical, customer service, or administrative support experience in a highly customer-oriented organization.
- One (1) year experience with basic keyboarding, personal computer use, and other office setting equipment.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- One (1) year of Epic (or equivalent Electronic Medical Record) experience
This position is located in Lancaster, PA at the Heart Group. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 10/19/2021