Customer Service Lead -1.0
Lancaster General Medical Grp
61101 Arthritis Rheumatology Specialists
Arthritis & Rheumatology Specialists- Administration
POSITION SUMMARY: Assists supervisor/manager in daily operations of the department. Responsibilities include employee training, time keeping and completing and preparing reporting documents. Performs quality and assurance data checks to support quantitative measures for the department. Acts as a first line resource for staff and resolves complex registration issues. Reviews daily workloads to include assisting in the oversight of daily operations of the department. Capable of coordinating and communicating effectively during increased volumes or with complex patients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Serves as the first line resource for registration staff. Maintains a thorough knowledge of staff procedures for the purpose of staff coverage.
- Performs all job functions of the Registration staff, including but not limited to, insurance verification and scheduling. Maintains proficiency and knowledge in all areas of Registration.
- Provides orientation for new employees and offers feedback to supervisor/manager throughout onboarding process. Provides on-going training to employees, maintains training, policy and procedure manuals, and disseminates information to staff.
- Informs supervisor/manager of any problems or issues pertaining to, but not limited to, registration or scheduling polices or processes.
- Completes quality assurance checks for staff and department as directed by supervisor/manager. Assists with reviews of authorization denial data.
- Provides feedback to supervisor/manager for Annual Performance Reviews.
- Assists in overseeing daily work output to include adjustment of break periods as needed, controls periods of non-productivity and ensures daily operational goals are met.
- Exhibits flexibility and adaptability to meet the needs of customers, operational team, and leadership team.
- Serves as point person for software and process questions or concerns. In conjunction with Supervisor or Manager, facilitates resolution of issues. Prepares and disseminates effective communication of issue resolution to staff.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Assists with interview processes of potential employees.
- Assists with any special projects as assigned.
- Assists or compiles information for applicable management reports.
- Participates in the on-call responsibilities for this position as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One (1) year experience as a Customer Service Specialist.
- One (1) year experience in Revenue Cycle in a Hospital/Medical Office setting.
- One (1) year of clerical, customer service, or administrative support experience in a highly customer-oriented organization.
- One (1) year experience with basic keyboarding, personal computer use, and other office setting equipment.
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid or any other federal or state health insurance program.
- One (1) year of Epic (or equivalent Electronic Medical Record) experience
ATTENTION/CONCENTRATION – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to focus on certain aspects of current experience and reject others:
- The position requires the ability to attend to a specific stimulus without being distracted by extraneous environmental stimuli. The individual must be able to attend to environmental detail with the ability to separate essential from non-essential or irrelevant stimuli. The attention skills required are generally considered to be automatic - - passive, but focused with an intact capacity for select perception.
NEW LEARNING AND MEMORY – The following level of ability is essential for the jobholder to learn and retain material:
- A large portion of this position required reliance on verbal memory and new learning. Efficiency in processing of verbal information, either in written or spoken form, is a major requirement and prerequisite of the job. The individual must be able to attend to and process multiple bits of information simultaneously. The individual must be able to organize and categorize this information effectively so that later recall is feasible.
PROBLEM SOLVING, REASONING AND CREATIVE THINKING – The following level of ability that is essential for the jobholder to think (in order to solve a problem) by combining two or more elements from past experience or imaginative thought:
- The requirement for autonomous problem solving or creativity of thought in the position is minimal. Problems encountered tend to involve a few concrete variables in or from standardized situations. Typically involves adhering to a chart or set procedure.
APTITUDES: The following are essential requirements of the position in relation to job-worker situations. These items describe how a worker must adapt, adjust, conform or act:
Repetitive work: Ability to continuously perform the same type of work for extended periods of time, according to set procedures, sequence or pace.
Performing under stressful conditions: Ability to perform under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, unusual, or dangerous situations, or in situations in which working speed and sustained attention are critical aspects of the job. Is subject to danger or risk, or to tension as a regular, consistent part of the job.
Variety and change: Ability to perform a variety of duties, often changing from one task to another of a different nature without loss of efficiency or composure involving significant differences in technologies, techniques, procedures, environmental factors, physical demands, or work situations.
Communication: Ability to exchange information with others clearly and concisely; to present ideas, facts and technical information.
Interpersonal relations: Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate task accomplishment; to cooperate and resolve conflicts; to recognize needs and be sensitive of others.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Copier, Printer, Fax, Office Supplies
Software: Microsoft Office Products, clinical information system
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Continuously
- Stand: Rarely
- Walk: Rarely
- Bend: Rarely
- Push: Rarely
- Pull: Rarely
- Kneel/Squat: Rarely
- Reach: Rarely
- Twist: Rarely
- Balance: Rarely
- Climb: Rarely
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Light, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to hazardous conditions/ materials is negligible.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Posted on 03/23/2020