Performs in all work-related housekeeping functions, taking regular turns on the weekend schedule assuming supervisory responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Takes regular turns on the weekend schedule and assumes oversight duties in the absence of the Manager, Administrative Supervisor, and Project Leader. This includes answering pager and responding to routine requests from employees and hospital staff.
- Performs all work-related housekeeping functions, i.e., cleans and services patient, public, clinical, and administrative areas, maintains the standards of the hospital.
- Maintains the employee attendance record in the absence of the Manager, Administrative Supervisor, and Project Leader, reporting any unusual circumstances.
- Responsible for reporting motivational and morale problems of employees as well as hospital-wide problems and complaints.
- Assists in training of new employees on required tasks established by the department.
- Possesses a working knowledge of MSDS, compactor recycling operations, and universal precautions.
- Reports hospital property and equipment in need of repair.
- Inspections of areas including
- Inventory and order supplies.
- Provide daily leadership to the Emergency Department Crew.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Assists in room checks, as assigned.
- Attends in-services and programs, as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma/GED, or five (5) years of housekeeping experience in a hospital environment in lieu of the HS diploma/GED.
- Current PA driver's license.
- Two (2) years of experience in environmental services.
Three (3) years of housekeeping in a hospital environment.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/29/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.