Cost Management Analyst (Full-Time)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
3080 Materials Management
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Cost Management Specialist is responsible for supporting LGH’s comprehensive cost management program and ensuring the portfolio of master contracts provides competitive pricing for the products, equipment, and services the system acquires/utilizes. The Cost Management Specialist works closely with other Materials Management staff, VAT chairpersons and members to provide assistance as needed supporting assigned Value Analysis Team (VAT) processes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Conducts proactive analyses to identify and prioritize savings opportunities through on-going review of high-cost supplies, services, and suppliers for the VATs and departments assigned/serviced; conducts continuous review of industry trends, new technologies/approaches, and expiring contracts.
- Conducts research/analytics of potential opportunities by analyzing internal information and understanding current spend, comparable items, current suppliers, current supplier obligations and terms & conditions, any service issues, and other related initiatives.
- Prepares analysis and preliminary strategies for approved opportunities.
- Coordinates VAT activities regarding preparation of presentation materials, review of information, acceptance and/or revision of preliminary strategy, and determining additional information requirements, product/service trials.
- Leads efforts to develop non financial criteria for RFP specifications and identification of alternative suppliers or processes.
- Leads analysis of RFP responses, clarification of supplier responses, coordination of bidders conference and presentations, collection of additional information, comparison of responses based on selection criteria and appropriate weighting.
- Develops/documents negotiations strategy, coordinate communications and consensus building with users and stakeholders.
- Leads supplier negotiations with designated VAT or user-department representatives.
- Coordinates contract management process ensuring contract documentation, loading in repository, supply conversion and performance monitoring.
- Documents all cost management activities and conduct periodic auditing of selected opportunities for impact projection validation.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Maintains frequent contact with vendors to obtain price/product/delivery information and specifications when necessary to research appropriate product placement/substitutions.
- Maintains central contracts repository for all LGH entities including monitoring and reporting of expiration dates for re-negotiation purposes by assigned areas.
- Reviews invoices, contract prices, fees, their levels, etc. to ensure they match across all LGH entities.
- Works closely with Purchasing staff in tracking and managing rebates, incentive awards, and administrative fees for all LGH entities.
- Assist the Clinical Resource Director and Purchasing Director in monitoring customer service levels for contracting support and contract management.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School diploma is required.
- Healthcare experience is required.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible purchasing and contracting experience in a progressive and complex environment of a medium to large hospital or a multi-hospital system
- Requires ability to perform statistical and financial analysis
- Requires working knowledge of Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) relationships, services and supplier capabilities
- Requires knowledge of Request for Proposal (RFP) and Request for Information (RFI) development
- Requires a high level of proficiency in the use of spreadsheets, databases, word processing and presentation software tools to interpret, communicate and present information in a clear, concise manner
- Three (3) or more years of purchasing policy knowledge and procurement activities
- BS or BA degree in business is preferred.
- Certified Professional through the Association of Healthcare Resource and Materials Management (AHRMM) or Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) through the Institute for Supply Management is preferred.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 02/03/2021