Corporate Wellness RN (PRN, Days)
Provide clinical professional nursing duties in support of Corporate Health & Wellness programs.
PRN/Casual | 4 hrs per week | .1 FTE
The RN is a member of the Corporate Service Pool who works 1-3 hours per week. Work hours are typically between 6:00a - 10:30p with on-call, care navigation between 4:00p - 9:00p. Occasionally evening and weekend shifts are available and travel is based on location needs.
Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Conduct health screenings, including biometric measurements, fingerstick, and venipuncture blood draws and educate clients on screening results.
- Identify client learning needs and implement culturally competent teaching strategies including plain language, motivational interviewing, and teach back.
- Prepare and administer injections in a safe manner according to current practice standards.
- Clearly document relevant client information based on services offered.
- Act as a care navigator for corporate clients to direct participants to the right care at the right time.
- Outreach telephonically to clients with high risk values to promote education with care coordination.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Provide individual and group health coaching to various populations.
Represent LG Health at events and promote messages.
- Facilitate effective health education programs and presentations.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse, issued by the PA State Board of Nursing
- One (1) to three (3) years of clinical nursing experience
- Previous phlebotomy experience
- A health care provider in good standing with Medicare, Medicaid, and other federal and state health insurance programs, i.e. not excluded from participation in Medicare, Medicaid, or other federal or state health insurance programs
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- One (1) to three (3) years of community/public health nursing experience
This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 11/22/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.