Corporate Health Educator (Per-Diem)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
HOURS: 0.1 FTE (Per-Diem), hours vary, occasional early mornings for screenings and 1-2 evenings/week, usually between hours of 4 pm - 8 pm, providing group programs and individual health coaching, in-person and telephonically from home. Day hours also vary based on employer event requests.
POSITION SUMMARY: Facilitate health education and health coaching programs in support of the Corporate Health & Wellness programs and activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provide individual and group health coaching to various populations during day and evening hours.
- Utilize motivational interviewing and lead individuals through the various stages of behavior change and goal setting.
- Facilitate effective health education programs and presentations for corporate clients.
- Help develop diabetes prevention initiatives and facilitate a Diabetes Prevention Program 1 evening a week.
- Identify client learning needs and implement culturally competent teaching strategies utilizing plain language.
- Clearly document relevant client information and provide program outcome reports in a timely fashion to appropriate program coordinator.
- Effectively communicate pertinent information to appropriate care team members.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Conduct health screenings, including biometric measurements, and fingerstick blood draws and educate client on screening results.
- Assist with advancing Corporate Wellness priorities as directed by program coordinators
- Represent LG Health at events and promote messages
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Education or related field
- Two (2) years of teaching experience. Related work as a Wellness intern will qualify in lieu of the two (2) year requirement.
- Two (2) years of health promotion teaching experience
- Experience teaching fitness classes
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 08/24/2021