Corporate Health Educator (.1 FTE Casual role)
Lancaster General Hospital
7592 Corporate Wellness
POSITION SUMMARY: Facilitate health education and health coaching programs in support of the Corporate Health & Wellness programs and activities.
0.1 Casual FTE, 1-2 evenings a week, usually between hours of 4 pm - 8 pm, providing group programs and individual health coaching, in-person and telephonically from home. Additional morning and day hours are available as needed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provide individual and group health coaching to various populations during day and evening hours.
- Utilize motivational interviewing and lead individuals through the various stages of behavior change and goal setting.
- Facilitate effective health education programs and presentations for corporate clients.
- Help develop diabetes prevention initiatives and facilitate a Diabetes Prevention Program 1 evening a week.
- Identify client learning needs and implement culturally competent teaching strategies utilizing plain language.
- Clearly document relevant client information and provide program outcome reports in a timely fashion to appropriate program coordinator.
- Effectively communicate pertinent information to appropriate care team members.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Conduct health screenings, including biometric measurements, and fingerstick blood draws and educate client on screening results.
- Assist with advancing Corporate Wellness priorities as directed by program coordinators
- Represent LG Health at events and promote messages
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Education or related field
- Two (2) years of teaching experience. Related work as a Wellness intern will qualify in lieu of the two (2) year requirement.
- Two (2) years of health promotion teaching experience
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS: MACHINES, EQUIPMENT, TOOLS, SOFTWARE: To perform the essential duties of the position, use of the following machines, equipment, tools, and software is customarily required:
Machinery/Equipment: automobile, telephone, computer
Tools: office supplies
Software: Microsoft Office
Rarely 0-10%; Occasionally 11-35%; Frequently 36-70%; Continuously 71-100%
- Sit: Occasionally
- Stand: Continuously
- Walk: Frequently
- Bend: Rarely
- Push: Occasionally
- Pull: Occasionally
- Kneel/Squat: Rarely
- Reach: Occasionally
- Twist: Rarely
- Balance: Rarely
- Climb: Rarely
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Exposure to hazardous conditions/ materials is negligible.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
Posted on 08/19/2019