Corporate Health Educator
Lancaster General Hospital
3461 LG Employee Wellness
This position is located in Lancaster, PA
HOURS: Casual 0.1 FTE
POSITION SUMMARY: Facilitate health education and programs in support of Corporate Health & Wellness programs and activities.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Develop and facilitate effective health education, coaching and presentations.
- Utilize motivational interviewing to lead individuals through the various stages of behavior change and goal setting.
- Identify client needs and implement culturally competent communication strategies utilizing plain language.
- Clearly document relevant client information and provide program outcome reports in a timely fashion to appropriate program coordinators.
- Effectively communicate pertinent information to appropriate care team members.
- Conduct health screenings, including biometric measurements and fingerstick blood draws, and educate clients on screening results.
- Assist with advancing department priorities as directed by program coordinators.
- Represent LG Health at events and promote messages including but not limited to: primary and secondary prevention messages.
- Facilitate group education programs 1-2 evenings per week.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Health Education or related field.
- Two (2) years of teaching experience. Related work as a Wellness intern will qualify in lieu of the two (2) year requirement.
Posted on 02/18/2020
- Two (2) years of health promotion teaching experience.