Corporate Communications Specialist
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
3075 Public Relations - Corporate Communication
Public Relations-Corporate Communications
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
HOURS: Full-Time; Day Shift
**This position will eventually be working onsite 5 days a week.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Advances LG Health’s Mission and Vision through consistent, strategic communications efforts that target LG Health employees, leaders, clinical providers, community partners and other relevant audiences.
- Manages, creates and measures ongoing internal and external communications efforts for LG Health.
- Writes, edits and publishes e-newsletters, intranet content, leadership announcements, meeting presentations and summaries, and as-needed messaging targeting employees, leaders, patients and other stakeholders.
- Leads communication efforts for specific departments and teams, such as Human Resources, Nursing, Medical Staff Office, and other departments as needed.
- Provides editorial content and basic SharePoint development for LG Health’s Intranet.
- Develops communication plans and briefs to include background, FAQs, key message points and leader and employee tool kits, logistics and important details, as well as relevant history.
- Develops executive messages that align with corporate communications strategies determined by survey results.
- Regularly measures the effectiveness of ongoing communication efforts, and updates goals as necessary. Measurement tools include SharePoint data analytics, focus groups, online and written surveys, audience feedback at large-group meetings, and regular monitoring of industrywide communications best practices.
- Assists in the development of story ideas, media pitches and press releases to showcase health system news and accomplishments.
- Assists with identifying stories that may be relevant for LG Health’s social media channels.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Provides assistance to Corporate Communications and Public Relations Managers and Director.
- Supports corporate communications and public relations assistance for Marketing Department events, such as health seminars, and in support of department and organizational goals and strategies.
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s degree in English, Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or related field.
- Five (5) years’ experience working in a corporate communications, public relations or media environment.
- Three (3) years’ experience in executive leadership, healthcare and/or physician communications.
- Two (2) years’ experience in regular production (planning, writing, editing and publishing) of corporate electronic newsletters.
- Two (2) years’ experience in creating and managing content on SharePoint or related communication platform.
- Four (4) years MS Office computer skills.
- Experience in building media relations.
- Photography skills.
- Creating and managing content for social media platforms (ex. Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.).
This position is located in Lancaster, PA. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 03/31/2021