Cook - Day Shift
Skilled AM breakfast and lunch cook. Generally, Monday through Friday, first shift, no weekends or holidays. Supervisory experience and Serv-Safe certification are a plus.
Location: Lancaster, PA - Suburban Outpatient Pavilion
Hours; Day Shift, 40 hours p/ week, Monday - Friday, no weekends/holidays
Sign on Bonus of up to $1000!!! (external candidates only)
POSITION SUMMARY: Prepares assigned items according to standardized recipes including preparation of vegetables, roasting, baking, broiling, and frying entree items. Prepare breakfast hot foods and sandwiches. Set up tray-line. Slice meats and pre-portioning necessary items. Will maintain all hot production areas and equipment in an orderly, clean and sanitary condition.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Performs all preparation as assigned. Primarily involved in preparing entrees, vegetables, slicing meats and cheeses and pre-portioning necessary items. 100% compliance to tested and standardized recipes. Ensures proper labeling, dating, and rotation of all stock.
- Checks foods prepared for proper taste, texture, appearance, temperature and quality, throughout the preparation holding and serving process. Compiles with and practices Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point procedures.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Participates in maintaining food production storage areas, preparation areas, entree serving area and equipment utilized in these areas in an orderly, clean and sanitary condition.
- Sets up entree and vegetable/soup station on the tray assembly line and checks temperatures.
- Perform other duties as requested.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Two (2) years experience in cooking in all areas (hot production) is essential.
- One (1) year experience in cooking cold food is essential.
- One (1) year experience in volume cooking is essential.
- Culinary School diploma with high volume cooking - commercial or institutional
- Two (2) or more years of experience in large volume production is preferred.
- One (1) year of experience in training and directing staff is preferred.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: steam cooker, electric mixer, VCM mixer, blender, grinder, ovens, fryer, brazier, broiler, knife sharpener, food carts, telephone, computer, knives, scoops, whip, spoons, gal measures, scales/weights
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is:
Light, exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to move objects.
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 09/14/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.