Cook- 3rd Shift
E/O Weekend, E/O Holiday
Location: Lancaster, PA
Hours: Part-Time (20-25 hours p/ week), every other weekend/holiday
Sign on Bonus of $500!!! (External candidates only)
Responsible for third shift non-patient meal service including supervision of Cafeteria Worker. Prepares hot food items including cook-to-order grill items. Assures service is properly set-up. Documents specified information, submit reports as requested and assures all third shift tasks are completed.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Prepares or reheats soups, entrees and vegetables.
- Serve customers, assuring correct size portion is provided along with appropriate garnish when applicable.
- Maintains equipment and work area in an orderly and sanitary condition at all time, to comply with department and regulatory agency guidelines.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Assures that service is routinely set-up, that cashiering policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Sets-up work area, assuring adequate supplies of food products, utensils and serviceware are available to meet production and service requirements.
- Routinely checks products for proper taste and texture assuring that a pleasing and attractive appearing product is served at proper temperature.
- Documents specified data and submit reports to facilitate the effective operation of non-patient food services.
- Perform other duties as requested.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One year experience in short order cooking.
Two years experience in short order cooking.
EQUIPMENT USAGE REQUIREMENTS
Equipment/Tools: Computer, Phone, Oven, steam table, fryer, cart, Spatula, dipper, ladle.
Software: Microsoft Office Products
Lifting: Degree of physical exertion is: Moderate, exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Sensory Abilities specifically required:
WORKING CONDITIONS: Position involves exposure to the following harmful elements:
- Extreme Noise Levels
- High Pressure Steam/Gas
- Moving/Rotating Machinery
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 05/03/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.