Contingent Sous Chef
The Supervisor Food Service supports the Executive Chef with the overall execution of culinary standards supporting Patient Services, Retail and Catering.
This position is located in Lancaster, PA.
Position will work 50 hours/wk, varied shifts; weekend and holiday support
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Supervises the assembly of patient trays, their distribution and collection and their disassembly. Assures quality, sanitation and safety standards are maintained. Enforces policies and procedures. Performs administrative and clerical duties. Assists in the assembly of meals for Meals on Wheels Program. Supervises receiving and storage of food service supplies, maintains inventory control system, prepares orders and places them with vendors, and processes invoices for payment. Assures assigned areas are maintained in an orderly, clean and sanitary condition.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Maintain departmental regulations and procedures in conformance with hospital policies, and institute standards for organization and supervision and supervision of food service procedures and directs maintenance of supplies and equipment.
- Supervise and oversee all kitchen personnel. Conduct counseling meetings with personnel for policy violations.
- Assist and/or supervise the determination of quality and quantity of food required, formulation of menus, and control of food costs and waste.
- Make inspections of all work, storage and serving areas. Recommend and/or institute changes in techniques or procedures for more efficient operation. Prepare and develop regulations governing handling and storage of supplies and equipment, and methods of sanitation.
- Interview and select personnel in food production, host and sanitation areas. Schedule employees, grant leaves of absence, and assist in preparation of performance ratings.
- Train and instruct kitchen staff regarding type and quantities of food required and assure that HACCP regulations are met.
- Conduct inspections to ensure use of correct procedures in preparation and cooking, quality, temperature, and appearance of food before it is served.
- Assists in the preparation and control of department budget.
- Completes performance evaluations for assigned personnel in accordance with Hospital and Department policies.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Maintain an inventory of supplies at levels adequate to meet production and service needs. Prepare orders and place them with vendors. Check vendor invoices for correct pricing and extensions. Rectify errors with vendor. Post quantities received and vendor in the inventory control book. Record dollar value of foods purchased by food category and submit invoices to accounting department for payment. Post weekly inventory to inventory control book.
- Provide orientation and training for personnel and work area meetings.
- Participate in the assembly of Meals on Wheels program.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One (1) year of post-high school education is preferred.
- Five (5) years of supervisory experience.
- Three (3) years experience in institutional food service.
- Two (2) years computer experience.
- Three (3) years experience pertaining to laws and regulations governing the market, storage requirements and grades.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 04/17/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.