Contact Center Trainer (Centralized Scheduling)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
2022 Sched/Insurance Validation
PFS Contact Center-Centralized Scheduling Mgmt
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
Full Time: Mon-Fri 8:00 am - 4:30 pm. This position is currently located at Burle Business Park, will be relocating to Lititz.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
POSITION SUMMARY: Primary function is to train new and existing employees in all skills essential to Centralized Scheduling. Responsible for maintaining and updating the training material as processes change within the department. During periods of training downtime, act as a resource for staff and assists the leadership team. Capable of coordinating and communicating effectively during increased volumes or with complex patients.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Demonstrate ability to perform all job functions of the Contact Center Specialist staff, including but not limited to, scheduling, registration, and insurance verification. Maintain proficiency and knowledge in all areas of Outpatient and Physician scheduling and provides coverage as needed to meet Service Level goals.
- Coordinate all EPIC training for Contact Center staff with Principal Trainer. Conduct the CAD 102 or 112 class, monitor and score the assessment, and arrange for access through the Principal Trainer.
- Prepare and conduct orientation and training for employees and offer feedback to supervisor/manager throughout onboarding process. Oversee all aspects of employee training.
- Maintain appropriate level of knowledge of registration and scheduling process as well as EPIC through attending ongoing trainings.
- Provide recommendations for the development and maintenance of registration and scheduling policies and procedures.
- Create training program, including training curriculum, materials, class rosters, and training schedules.
- Continuously evaluate training curriculum and assess and implement ways to improve training effectiveness and efficiency.
- Closely monitor trainees and communicate continuously with Supervisors regarding trainees’ performance during training periods.
- Critically assess whether trainees need further training or may not be suited for the requirements of the position.
- Coordinate training and registration class schedules with the Patient Access Development team.
- Exhibit flexibility and adaptability to meet the needs of our patients, including answering incoming patient calls and addressing departmental work queues when necessary because of high volume or shortages in staffing.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) years of experience as a Customer Service Specialist, Contact Center Specialist, or equivalent role within another customer-oriented organization
- One (1) year of leadership experience (formal or informal.)
- Proficient in keyboarding and other office setting equipment.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills; strong knowledge of the following applications: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint.
- EPIC Credentialed to train CAD 102 and/or CAD 112. Credentialing is required at time or hire or within 12 months from hire.
- Two (2) years in a teaching or training role.
- Two (2) years of Epic (or equivalent Electronic Medical Record) experience.
- Associates degree.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 10/15/2020