Contact Center Specialist-Centralized Scheduling
Lancaster General Hospital
2022 Sched/Insurance Validation
PFS Contact Center-Centralized Scheduling
32 hrs per week. Monday- Wednesday-Thursday-Friday 9:00am-5:30pm. Occasional additional hours during week and Saturdays.
Position moving to Lititz in the future.
ATTENTION: Please be aware that, if you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. This assessment will be sent to the e-mail address that you included in your application. Please note: Some e-mail accounts may receive the assessment e-mail in their junk/spam e-mail. This assessment must be completed within 5 days of receiving it. For more information regarding the assessment, please click HERE.
SUMMARY: Lancaster General Health/Penn Medicine is currently seeking a Contact Center Specialist. The Contact Center Specialist provides complete and accurate patient scheduling, registration, insurance verification, ordering of tests and coordination of applicable screening, diagnostic, physician office and outpatient hospital services. The Contact Center Specialist also assists customers with their stated and unstated needs by offering guidance and support, while making personal connections with each customer.
- Provides customer service by identifying and addressing customer needs and builds positive interpersonal relationships with customers and team members.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully adapt and perform during times of high contact volumes, excessive wait times, and patient acuity. Engages personally with the patient during both and demonstrates skills to serve both outpatient and physician office customers, as needed.
- Interviews customer to collect and document accurate and comprehensive registration information including first level financial clearance. Performs required referral/authorization processes and enters orders for applicable tests.
- Understands insurance company coverage and referral/authorization requirements of payors. Performs electronic and manual verification of insurance coverage and understands how to read and accurately apply electronic insurance responses.
- Schedules appointments that meet the customer’s needs while following all departmental and organizational guidelines; disseminates or discusses information with the patients regarding co-pays, out of pocket expenses, pre-appointment preparation, arrival times, appropriate attire to wear, directions to sites, and any other instructions.
Posted on 06/29/2020
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year of clerical, customer service, or administrative support experience in a highly customer-oriented organization is required.
- One year experience with keyboarding, personal computer use, and other office setting equipment is required.
- Three years of clerical, customer service, or administrative support experience in a highly customer-oriented organization preferred.
- One year of registration experience, point of service collection, insurance validation, understanding of compliance /regulatory guidelines and order release processes preferred.
- One year of Epic (or equivalent Electronic Medical Record) experience preferred. One year prior experience of Revenue Cycle in a Hospital/Medical Office Setting preferred.