Contact Center Specialist- Centralized Scheduling-Burle Bldng- (20 hours/week, Evening shift)
Lancaster General Hospital
2022 Sched/Insurance Validation
PFS Contact Center-Centralized Scheduling
20 hours/week with opportunity to work extra. . Mon-Thurs 4:00pm-9:00pm with occasional Saturdays.
If you are an external applicant, you may need to complete an online assessment as part of the hiring process. We will send the assessment to the e-mail address that you included on your application. Please also check your junk/spam e-mail folder and complete the assessment within 5 days of receiving it. For more information, please click https://www.lghealthjobs.org/FAQS
POSITION SUMMARY: The Contact Center Specialist provides complete and accurate patient scheduling, registration, insurance verification, ordering of tests and coordination of applicable screening, diagnostic, physician office and outpatient hospital services. This position assists customers with their stated and unstated needs by offering guidance and support, while making personal connections with each customer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provides customer service by identifying and addressing customer needs and builds positive interpersonal relationships with customers and team members. Uses sound judgment in handling calls, especially with difficult interactions. Engages personally with the patient and demonstrates strong interpersonal skills via empathy, compassion, and celebration when appropriate.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully adapt and perform during times of high contact volumes, excessive wait times, and patient acuity, as well as adapt to frequent changes to procedures and workflows. Demonstrates skills to serve both outpatient and physician office customers, as needed.
- Interviews customer to collect and document accurate and comprehensive registration information including first level financial clearance. Performs required referral/authorization processes and enters orders for applicable tests.
- Demonstrates knowledge of insurance company coverage and referral/authorization requirements of payors. Performs electronic and manual verification of insurance coverage and understands how to read and accurately apply electronic insurance responses.
- Schedules appointments that meet the customer’s needs while following all departmental and organizational guidelines; disseminates or discusses information with the patients regarding co-pays, out of pocket expenses, pre-appointment preparation, arrival times, appropriate attire to wear, directions to sites, and any other instructions.
- Actively monitors and completes workqueues including but not limited to patient, outreach, and referral workqueues.
- Exhibits commitment to using all available training and reference materials, as well as, effective problem solving techniques when issues arise. Takes initiative to seek out any missed training or educational updates that may have occurred during absence.
- Remains up-to-date with scheduling and department protocols, including but not limited to escalation protocols, insurance/authorization rules, and practice-specific guidance for scheduling. Demonstrates ability to retain and apply these protocols before seeking out assistance.
- Documents in patients’ charts clearly and concisely, using all available tools, including non-clinical chart review, to provide appropriate and accurate information to customers.
- Notifies appropriate leadership channels, when necessary, of any escalated scheduling needs or issues and keeps them informed of all extenuating circumstances.
- Meets the performance goals established for the position in the areas of: efficiency, call quality, customer satisfaction, and adherence to schedule. Contributes ideas for departmental and process improvement. Celebrates the successes of coworkers by recognizing their contributions.
Posted on 07/05/2019
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One (1) year of clerical, customer service, or administrative support experience in a highly customer-oriented organization.
- One (1) year experience with keyboarding, personal computer use, and other office setting equipment.
- Three (3) years of clerical, customer service, or administrative support experience in a highly customer-oriented organization preferred.
- One (1) year of registration experience, point of service collection, insurance validation, understanding of compliance /regulatory guidelines and order release process(es) preferred.
- One (1) year of Epic (or equivalent Electronic Medical Record) experience preferred.
- One (1) year prior experience of Revenue Cycle in a Hospital/Medical Office Setting preferred.