Contact Center Specialist (Full Time/ Day Shift)
Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 5:00 pm Occasional Saturday
POSITION SUMMARY: The Contact Center Specialist provides complete and accurate scheduling, registration, insurance verification, ordering of tests and coordination of applicable physician office and outpatient hospital services. This position assists patients with their stated and unstated needs by offering guidance and support while ensuring personal connections with each patient are made.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- The Contact Center Specialist I is fully trained in one of the two phases (I or III) outlined below.
- PHASE I
- Schedule Lab, Xray, EKG, DEXA and Breast Imaging appointments
- Accurately enter ancillary orders which may include the the need to interpret medical terminology given by other medical personnel
- Recognize and obtain the key items required when entering orders such as the ordering provider and the diagnosis code(s)
- Accurately obtain and enter the patient’s insurance information into the computer system
- Determine whether an appointment will require an insurance referral or authorization (and enter into system upon receipt) to ensure insurance payment is received
- Read and interpret the electronic verification responses received for insurance and update the system according to the responses
- PHASE III
- Address phone calls for Family Medicine and Specialty Medicine physician offices which may include scheduling appointments, creating encounters, transferring calls to Triage
- Schedule appointments in accordance to the instructions provided within the internal resource guide to ensure proper protocols are followed
- Adhere to the approved Escalation Protocols by prompting the patient with additional questions to determine the best course of action for the patient’s safety (i.e. schedule an appointment, transfer to Triage Nurse, call 911)
- Create and send telephone and triage encounters to physician offices using professional grammar and language to accurately relay the patient’s message
- Collaborate with both clinical and non-clinical physician office staff to ensure patient needs are addressed in a timely manner
- Obtain the patient’s insurance information to confirm participation and coverage
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Provide customer service by identifying and addressing patients’ needs through engaging personally and demonstrating strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrate the abilty to successfully adapt to frequent changes of procedures, protocols and workflows
- Document in patients’ charts clearly and concisely to provide appropriate and accurate information to clinical personnel
- Completes other duties and special projects that are assigned by management.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- One (1) year of clerical, customer service, or administrative support experience in a highly customer oriented organization
- One (1) year experience with keyboarding, personal computer use, and other office setting equipment
- Three (3) years of clerical, customer service, or administrative support experience in a highly customer oriented organization
- One (1) year of medical office or hospital outpatient scheduling/registration experience
- One (1) year of electronic medical record experience
- One (1) year of prior revenue cycle in a medical office or hospital setting
Disclaimer: This job description is not intended and should not be construed to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended to be a reflection of those principal job elements essential for recruitment and selection, for making fair job evaluations, and for establishing performance standards. The percentages of time spent performing job duties are estimates, and should not be considered absolute. The incumbent shall perform all other functions and/or be cross-trained as shall be determined at the sole discretion of management, who has the right to amend, modify, or terminate this job in part or in whole. Incumbent must be able to perform all job functions safely.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers the following benefits to employees:
- 100% Tuition Assistance at The Pennsylvania College of Health Sciences
- Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Shift, Weekend and On-Call Differentials
- Health, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Retirement Savings Account with Company Matching
- Child Care Subsidies
- Onsite Gym and Fitness Classes
Posted on 11/11/2022
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.