Contact Center Specialist (20 hours/week 3:00pm-7:00pm)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained four-year Magnet ® recognition status for the fourth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
2022 Sched/Insurance Validation
PFS Contact Center-Centralized Scheduling
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Contact Center Specialist provides complete and accurate patient scheduling, registration, insurance verification, ordering of tests and coordination of applicable screening, diagnostic, physician office and outpatient hospital services. This position assists customers with their stated and unstated needs by offering guidance and support, while making personal connections with each customer.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Provides customer service by identifying and addressing customer needs and builds positive interpersonal relationships with customers and team members. Uses sound judgment in handling calls, especially with difficult interactions. Engages personally with the patient and demonstrates strong interpersonal skills via empathy, compassion, and celebration when appropriate.
- Demonstrates ability to successfully adapt and perform during times of high contact volumes, excessive wait times, and patient acuity, as well as adapt to frequent changes to procedures and workflows. Demonstrates skills to serve both outpatient and physician office customers, as needed.
- Interviews customer to collect and document accurate and comprehensive registration information including first level financial clearance. Performs required referral/authorization processes and enters orders for applicable tests.
- Demonstrates knowledge of insurance company coverage and referral/authorization requirements of payors. Performs electronic and manual verification of insurance coverage and understands how to read and accurately apply electronic insurance responses.
- Schedules appointments that meet the customer’s needs while following all departmental and organizational guidelines; disseminates or discusses information with the patients regarding co-pays, out of pocket expenses, pre-appointment preparation, arrival times, appropriate attire to wear, directions to sites, and any other instructions.
- Actively monitors and completes workqueues including but not limited to patient, outreach, and referral workqueues.
- Exhibits commitment to using all available training and reference materials, as well as, effective problem solving techniques when issues arise. Takes initiative to seek out any missed training or educational updates that may have occurred during absence.
- Remains up-to-date with scheduling and department protocols, including but not limited to escalation protocols, insurance/authorization rules, and practice-specific guidance for scheduling. Demonstrates ability to retain and apply these protocols before seeking out assistance.
- Documents in patients’ charts clearly and concisely, using all available tools, including non-clinical chart review, to provide appropriate and accurate information to customers.
- Notifies appropriate leadership channels, when necessary, of any escalated scheduling needs or issues and keeps them informed of all extenuating circumstances.
- Meets the performance goals established for the position in the areas of: efficiency, call quality, customer satisfaction, and adherence to schedule. Contributes ideas for departmental and process improvement. Celebrates the successes of coworkers by recognizing their contributions.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Other duties and special projects that are assigned by management.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One (1) year of clerical, customer service, or administrative support experience in a highly customer-oriented organization.
- One (1) year experience with keyboarding, personal computer use, and other office setting equipment.
- Three (3) years of clerical, customer service, or administrative support experience in a highly customer-oriented organization.
- One (1) year of registration experience, point of service collection, insurance validation, understanding of compliance /regulatory guidelines and order release process(es).
- One (1) year of Epic (or equivalent Electronic Medical Record) experience preferred.
- One (1) year prior experience of Revenue Cycle in a Hospital/Medical Office Setting preferred.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 11/19/2020