Community Health Worker (Part Time; 20hrs/wk)
At Lancaster General Health, our culture is what sets us apart and creates a lasting impression of our health system in the community and in the hearts of our patients and their families. A role with us is more than just a job, we ask that you Live Your Legacy at LGH by finding your passion in your everyday role, committing to those you serve, and reaching for your personal best.
We are recognized as 1 of only 9 hospitals in the entire country with awards in Medicare.Gov, LEAPFROG and Healthgrades Americas 50 Best Hospitals. We have attained five year Magnet ® recognition status for the fifth time with the American Nurses’ Credentialing Center (ANCC) and we are the 2018 recipient of the Foster G. McGaw Prize in recognition of the commitment to community service.
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH offers a comprehensive benefits package:
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program so that our employees can stay actively engaged and committed to living their legacy every day. Together, we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Join us and be part of a team that empowers you to do more than your job and encourages you to:
Live Your Passion. Live Your Best. Live Your Commitment. Live Your Legacy.
Lancaster General Hospital
7521 Primary Care-Care Management
Ambulatory Collaborative Care
Benefits of Joining Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health:
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH combines a Nationally Ranked Hospital with great schools, safe neighborhoods, affordable housing, local community events and festivals as well as a wealth of cultural and recreational activities. The scenic Susquehanna River Valley provides opportunities for fishing, skiing, kayaking, hiking and mountain biking in addition to easy access to NJ shoreline or Delaware beaches. Urban life is easily accessible, with New York, Baltimore, Philadelphia and Washington D.C. a train ride away. Local universities, Fulton Theatre, the downtown shopping and dining district and local sports teams make Lancaster a great place to Live, Work and Play.
HOURS: Part Time 0.5 FTE, Day shift 8-4:30, No weekends, on-call or holidays
POSITION SUMMARY: The Community Health Worker acts as an advocate/liaison to help patients address the barriers that lead to poor health. The objective is to help patients work on health goals and to help them decrease/eliminate those barriers that prevent them from achieving their health goals. The Community Health Worker will develop a care management strategy and be the primary contact for patients participating in the Ambulatory Collaborative Care Team Community Health Worker Program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: Qualified individuals must have the ability (with or without reasonable accommodation) to perform the following duties:
- Determines plans for care management
- Coordinates care plans and completes tasks as necessary to assist patients in meeting their care plan goals
- Completes medication reconciliation and elevates any issues to the provider and ACCT clinician
- Meet patients in a variety of settings to conduct an assessment, including helping patients to set health goals.
- Help patients build their own support system
- Make follow-up calls and home visits to patients.
- Empower and motivate patients to meet their health goals and promote self-sufficiency.
- Document each patient encounter in detail.
- Prepare reports, documents and applications as needed or requested.
- Network and maintain relationships with community resources
- Coordinate with multiple agencies and providers.
- Work with an integrated team to meet patient’s health goals.
- Help patients build their own support system.
- Attend a weekly group meeting with other staff, and program supervisors.
SECONDARY FUNCTIONS: The following duties are considered secondary to the primary duties listed above:
- Comply with OSHA, HIPAA and other mandated safety procedures or regulations.
- Attend meetings run by community organizations as deemed necessary
- Attend continuing education classes or conferences as deemed necessary
- Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or general equivalent (GED)
- Able to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with ability to deliver results on instruction.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment, independent thinking skills and problem solve.
- Basic computer skills
- Valid Driver’s license, with a reliable vehicle, and the ability to access work assignments within our defined geographic area.
- Experience working with health care, social service, or a community outreach program.
- Demonstrated comprehensive knowledge of social and community resources.
This position is located in Lititz, PA. #LI-MD1
PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to hiring a diverse workforce. All openings will be filled based on qualifications without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
Search Firm Representatives please read carefully: PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for this employment opportunity. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at Penn Medicine Lancaster General Health in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for that position will be deemed the sole property of PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by PENN MEDICINE LANCASTER GENERAL HEALTH as a result of the referral or through other means.
Posted on 07/11/2021